What is the thickest/heaviest knife you'll carry inside pocket?

For me, the thickest knife I will carry in my pants pocket is my Victorinox Huntsman. Mostly I will carry it in the front pouch in my fanny pack, and also my Leatherman Pulse in the main section of the pack.

For the most part, my in-pocket knife is a Classic, in the left front.

Victorinox supertool X.
Heavy, thick, but oh so usefull at every occasion and it takes everything I trow at it. It replaced my leathman wave.

------------------
"If the world wouldn't SUCK, we'd all fall off !"

You can E-mail me at any time....guaranteed reply !

member of the BKS
http://www.expage.com/belgianknives

Buck 112 or my Victorinox Adventurer. I used to carry my Schrade LB7 religiously but it's just too damn heavy and there's nothing it can do that my 112 can't.

Every now and then I get the urge to carry my SOG Tomcat. I just love this knife, but it is heavier than the normal carry knife.

I have a thing for really big folders. My wife says I am overcompensating, but I have no idea what she is talking about
wink.gif
I have several 5"+ folders that I carry regularly.
There include the Sifu,SOG PE II,CS XL Voyager, a custom Darrel Ralph Madd Maxx, and a King-Kong 5.5" Carson. I carry them along the trailing seam of my right cargo pants pocket with no problem.If you have never tried it, it is a great way to carry.It is stealthy because the flap only lets the bottom of the clip show.Size doesn't matter since it is a dedicated pocket and at a point on the body that doesn't bend.It is also very easy to draw from a seated position.
I have always found that size and weight alone are not the determining factors on what is suitable to carry in a front pants pocket.Basic ergonomics and closed profile shape have a lot to do with it. A Chinook is hard to carry in a front pocket not so much because of the size, but because of the unwieldy shape.A big knife that carries well in the front pocket is a spydie C-48 Wegner.
It is fairly big, heavy and strong. It is also slim with rounded profile and carries a lot easier for me in a front pocket than many smaller knives.YMMV.
David

------------------
AKTI# A000150
NC Custom Knifemakers Guild member
NC Knife Knuts member

My SOG Tomcat finds it's way in my pocket every now and then, would rather use the case when wearing a belt. This is a heavy knife.

LCC in jeans pocket is about the biggest for me.
BTW although I am into customs that puppy is one heck of a knife for the $.

------------------
" Life is too short to carry an ugly knife." Steve F.

What Gus said.

The LCC is one big chunk of a knife! I carry it clipped in my jeans on the weekends, quite the contrast from the Small Apogee or Umfaan I carry in my Dockers during the week.

A full size AFCK was about the largest I'd go clipped in my jeans, but then the LCC came along and retired it.

Firebat

------------------
Name's Ash......Housewares.

Hi all-
sorry i have no thick folder-
but heavy folders ...yes!
sometimes i carry a CRKT CKFF or a SIFU in my back pocket, i also would carry my Vaquero Grande there if it had a clip.
Size is not the problem, weight is!
My pockets are large enough (I wear XXXL)
but sometimes i need suspenders because of the weight. (Its not only one knife)
biggrin.gif

------------------
*Da Gschwinda is da Gsünda*

When it comes to packing stuff in the front of my pants, I am an advocate of "Size Doesn't Matter."

Doggone lousy genetic luck anyways.

The largest/heaviest knife I carry is my REKAT Carnivore in the front right pocket. No
pocket clips either, they just screw up an otherwise great handle.
smile.gif

------------------
A Pat on the Back is only a few inches from a Kick in the Butt.

Depends on the "pocket"! When I'm on twowheels with serious pockets in heavy leather, it's major duty equipment (plural)plus percussive material. OTOH in my khakis and sweater, a Stryker 910SBTL, or for light duty, my 705BT.

Cold Steel TRAILMASTER.....
tongue.gif

seriously.....
Length doesn't matter much to me. I'll carry a CS Scimitar or XL Tanto or Outdoor edge magnum without batting an eye, but when a knife gets thick and/or heavy, count me out. I have a large Sogwinder, that I will only ever carry in my coatpocket.

Leatherman Pulse

------------------
Hoodoo

I get some pleasure from finding a relentlessly peaceful use for a combative looking knife.
JKM

Pergatory,

You took MY answer. (Cold Steel Trail Master Bowie)...
biggrin.gif

The CRKT Crawford/Kasper FF is about the heaviest/thickest folder I'd want to lug around in my pocket.

(My "carry folder" is a Cold Steel 5 inch Gunsite, or 5 inch plain Clip-Point Voyager.) Eventho' these are both LARGE folders, they are light-weight, and fairly thin.

------------------
Dann Fassnacht
Aberdeen, WA
glockman99@hotmail.com
ICQ# 53675663

Largest pocket carry knife is my Wenger Handyman. But I have been known to carry a Schrade LB7 in my back pocket from time to time.

Back