What is your favorite zt knife?

Im not a huge fan of zt's much anymore. They are art knives imho. 9 out of 10 times I'll pick a blade geometry suited to doing work over any zt. Too thick behind the edge. Plus the lock geometry issues that they have. They are more for the gun market than the knife market if you ask me.

But the quality for the price is hard to beat and they usually always have good action.

My favorite is the 0562cf. I wish I had the funds to do a regrind and make it a thinner slicer. And it needs a detent ramp. Think those are the only issues I have with it. 2nd would be 0804cf. It's not perfect either.

I have alot of zt's, don't think I can count them all. Maybe 8 or 9?.

Last edited:
Im not a huge fan of zt's much anymore. They are art knives imho. 9 out of 10 times I'll pick a blade geometry suited to doing work over any zt. Too thick behind the edge. Plus the lock geometry issues that they have. They are more for the gun market than the knife market if you ask me.

But the quality for the price is hard to beat and they usually always have good action.

My favorite is the 0562cf. I wish I had the funds to do a regrind and make it a thinner slicer. And it needs a detent ramp. Think those are the only issues I have with it. 2nd would be 0804cf. It's not perfect either.

I have alot of zt's, don't think I can count them all. Maybe 8 or 9?.

I still like ZT for the reasons you stated but not as much as before. I think at one point I had 0200, 0452cf, 0561, 0562 (x2), 0562cf (x2), 0620cf, 0630, 0801, and 0909. Just could not find much use of all of them and have since trimmed down to about five. Somehow I still want to try out 0804cf and 0920 though.

Reactions: Mo2
Top edc carry for me is my 562CF and 609.
Duty carry 620cf and 560.

Looking to grab a 462 as its slick.

My fav though is my ZT-9.. pretty badass

Just looking to see what zt you guys favor.

For me personally my fav is the ZT Emerson 620/630 family, particularly the 620cf.

However the nicest built ZT I ever owned was the 1st gen 560cf. (The ones without the steel lockbar insert) These featured an extremely well skeletonized steel liner under the composite scale; somethinf ZT seems to have stopped doing after this generation of this model.

Thirdly my favourite designed knife from ZT is the 452. They made this knife light and thin for such a long blade and removed the stainless steel liner under the cf.

Stainless steel liners on my ZTs kinda piss me off, especially because they never mention explicitly that they are using stainless steel. I have seen even very knowledgable knife enthusiests believe the liners are titanium when they are actually not.

My favorite ZT is the ZT 0392 and 0393.
Had a couple of 0393’s a while back and got board with my collection and moved them along . Missed it so much just ordered a ZT 0393 SW sprint run :thumbsup:

My ZT0550/0551 and 560 are tied for most favorite. All the other ZT's I have are second most favorite

7pgV50d.jpg

Once I get my ZT0620 back from my buddy who is modding it with a liner delete cf scale it will be king of the Zeros.

Back