What is your favorite zt knife?

I would have to go 0450. There is just so much that’s right about that knife. Some don’t like ke the ergos, they’re fine with me. If it was a bit thinner behind the edge, it would be perfect.

After that, a toss up between the 0801 and 0850.

Hopefully I’ll be able to add a 0609 to my tribe for comparison soon...Every time I have $200 to blow on a knife, some damned awesome Spyderco seems to get in the way.

Maybe for Christmas....

R7rFESm.jpg

I would have to say the 0801ti, hands down

The first version 801 at one time was said to have the best flipping action of any ZT. While it has arguably been surpassed by knives like the 452 in this realm it seems like the 801 was probably the knife where Zt learned how to make a perfect flipping action.

Last edited:
if my zt emersons fixed their lockup it would be those hands down. but absolutely love my zt 0350sw. Built like an absolute beast and slices better than most of my other knives

I have a couple of dozen-ish ZT knives and my most carried models by far are 0770cf (M4 and regular versions), occasionally a 0450cfzdp and last but not least the 0454. The 0770cf knives are the best mix of "carries well cuts well" functionality of the bunch, to my way of thinking at least. They benefit from thinner blades that don't follow the ZT herpaderp tradition of having the thickest part of the blade run right through the middle of it, top to bottom wise (which makes most of them super fat behind the edge), and light enough to be very pocket friendly.

I really like some of the fat, log-splitter wedge-ey models, though, like the 0801, 0456 and 0630. Even if they're not spectacularly good cutting tools, I enjoy them being in my life so they get carried some.

If I had to pick one overall favorite, it would have to be this one because she's purdy (baby photo taken on my kitchen counter):

nsqqR7Y.jpg

The copper brazing lines have long since tarnished, she has some scratches and she's been sharpened, of course, but she's still a looker, IMO (photo from the last week, in not particularly flattering lighting):

J3deYQj.jpg

I wish they made the 0770cf non speed safe. Cause I enjoy using it and like the Elmax steel. Just hate the speedsafe on it. Tried de assisted and it has no detent so that didn't work at all.

I tried the natrix and that's one terrible knife design. From warped blades to stop pins flying out and it just feels like a gas station knife. It's also far too much money for what you get.

I'm hoping to try a barenuckle before I buy one. Wishing it was carbonfiber but it looks like it's going to be good.

I carry two Zero Tolerance 0095 Sprint Run with Titanium Handles and Tan Coated CMP S90V Steel Blade Model 0095TANBLK (LIST: $300, PRICE: $240). They are still for sale at a couple of places, but they will not be there for long, they are Sprint Runs.

Im not a huge fan of zt's much anymore. They are art knives imho. 9 out of 10 times I'll pick a blade geometry suited to doing work over any zt. Too thick behind the edge. Plus the lock geometry issues that they have. They are more for the gun market than the knife market if you ask me.

But the quality for the price is hard to beat and they usually always have good action.

My favorite is the 0562cf. I wish I had the funds to do a regrind and make it a thinner slicer. And it needs a detent ramp. Think those are the only issues I have with it. 2nd would be 0804cf. It's not perfect either.

I have alot of zt's, don't think I can count them all. Maybe 8 or 9?.
I guess this isn’t the thread for you then as it asked which ones you favor. Art knives? That’s funny! Anyway.....

I just noticed your “cut and paste” comment about ZT knives from another thread and it made me wonder why you’d bad mouth them on a thread made specifically to praise them?

Last edited:
The 0462 that I just picked up is absolute flipping bliss! The Sinkevich Collaboration ZT’s are some of my favorites from this maker and my only problem is which one to buy next. It’s hard to beat ZT’s use of higher end materials and quality flipping action at this price point. Great knives!A1F6FA21-14A9-43EB-B4A8-8C5C3EF35083.jpeg

I wish they made the 0770cf non speed safe. Cause I enjoy using it and like the Elmax steel. Just hate the speedsafe on it. Tried de assisted and it has no detent so that didn't work at all.

I tried the natrix and that's one terrible knife design. From warped blades to stop pins flying out and it just feels like a gas station knife. It's also far too much money for what you get.

I'm hoping to try a barenuckle before I buy one. Wishing it was carbonfiber but it looks like it's going to be good.

Yea the natrix is no good.

Mine had warped blade, awefull grind and bad fit and finish.

Reactions: Mo2
Back