What jobs use knives a lot?

IMG_6311_zpsc6b4b13e.jpg

not only that, I get to eat sushi all day everyday (assuming youre into raw fish).

I work part time in retail and I use a knife alot to cut boxes and stuff but I just use a cheap box cutter (can't bring myself to take a "good" knife to work lol). I also live on a dairy farm and dairy farmers use knives all the time to cut mulpitle things. I also hunt and trap and use a knife alot for those things also.

Im the opposite...

I cant use those cheap boxcutters to open frozen boxes, so I bring a nice one.

20130629_220913_zps11e25658.jpg

I worked in the grocery business for over 17 years as a produce clerk, I used my knife for prepping vegetables for the wet rack, cutting melons for display, chopping corn and celery, and cutting boxes. Never really needed a box cutter, my knife was always sharp and ready. With my crate hammer i was ready for anything.

100_6225.jpg

Also the butcher had a great assortment of knives from boning and break down knives to scalloped slicers and the band saw. plus they always had the Norton Tri Stone that was 12" long and filled with oil.

Im an ex-pilot, and now an air traffic controller, i dont get to use my knives at all!!!!

Fisherman and anyone who works on ships as crew. A knife gets used very often.

Hunting and fishing guides, horticulturalists, forest rangers, loggers, office workers, warehouse workers, lawn care, doctor, surgeon... you know, I can't think of a single job that a knife doesn't come in real handy.

I'm in sales and merchandising. Plenty of boxes to cut and displays to build.
Before leaving for work I check to see if my SAK (OHT or Super Tinker) is in my pocket before I check my wallet.

I use my knife constantly when working at my ranch: cutting leather to make horse saddles and other harnesses, opening bags of oats, cutting the straps on hay blocks, repairing fences or equipment, gardening, etc.

I'm an anthropologist and specialize in field research logistics. Knives are quite useful at digs or during other outdoors research projects, but most of the guys I work with don't carry one, so I buy Moras wholesale and they've proven to be super popular.

So many uses for a good sharp knife.
My entry is for a butcher.

Doug

I did 30+ active Navy, almost half enlisted and the rest commissioned and used a knife with great regularity both ashore and at sea.

My wife seems to ask to borrow "my" knife all the time when she's doing her garden thing. I gave her a dandy one of her own (with serrations no less, which she likes out there) but somehow mine is "always" sharper or she left her's in her other jeans. Funny how thaaaaaaaaaaaaaat works, though not funny the time she misplaced my edc Al Mar Sere for a few days.

Syn

I currently work retail. I use my knife all the time. I am starting to convert fellow coworkers into knife guys.

customs agents who work in the parcel section of the post office. the inspector in our post office is a sleepy old man who is long past retirement. he would open my ebay knife purchases with an ancient, rusty box cutter. i usually give him a hand with my delica.

Back