What kind of folder do you carry?

I carry a g10 sheepsfoot grip, a dragonfly salt or a techno

I would love to get a sebenza with an insigno blade, but with a thumb hole instead of a stud.

I got my old man an inkosi with that blade, it's a beautiful knife, but I'd rather have a thumb hole
That's doable if you get it done on the secondary market. I've seen some and they come out cool looking, and from what I hear very functional.

However with spending this amount of money on a blade, from a maker like CRK who stands behind their products 100% ... I would hate knowingly voiding my warranty ... I really put my blades to work, and even though I have never had to send 1 back to CRK I love knowing that I can at a moments notice and it'll be taken care of.
I also really love that for a mere $25 I can have the knife come back to me basically brand new with their spa treatment... not many other makers will do that for you, which is why CRK is my favorite knife company... I've carried and use them for over 10 years now, and never a single issue. Never... I can't say that about any other company out there... Usually I'll have issues with pivots coming lose or hardware working their way out of the handles, blades being off-center and dam near rubbing the scale, but never with any CRK I've owned... I'm not saying it doesnt happen...but geez after 10 years of EDC and they are still holding up and look as good as they did years ago.

Cs recon1 clip point....cpm xhp with tge hollow grind and bevel at 17°....great slicer and xhp provides enough edge stability to support thin edge.

That's doable if you get it done on the secondary market. I've seen some and they come out cool looking, and from what I hear very functional.

However with spending this amount of money on a blade, from a maker like CRK who stands behind their products 100% ... I would hate knowingly voiding my warranty ... I really put my blades to work, and even though I have never had to send 1 back to CRK I love knowing that I can at a moments notice and it'll be taken care of.
I also really love that for a mere $25 I can have the knife come back to me basically brand new with their spa treatment... not many other makers will do that for you, which is why CRK is my favorite knife company... I've carried and use them for over 10 years now, and never a single issue. Never... I can't say that about any other company out there... Usually I'll have issues with pivots coming lose or hardware working their way out of the handles, blades being off-center and dam near rubbing the scale, but never with any CRK I've owned... I'm not saying it doesnt happen...but geez after 10 years of EDC and they are still holding up and look as good as they did years ago.
Yeah, spyderbenza is a beautiful thing to look at, issue as you say is cost and warranty, it's a good chunk of change for a knife, plus another chunk of change for the mod, and you end up voiding the warranty.

I believe crk sells blades around 150ish, but if you void your warranty you're no longer elegible for that.

Benchmade in the other hand, sells blades for 30usd

Yeah, spyderbenza is a beautiful thing to look at, issue as you say is cost and warranty, it's a good chunk of change for a knife, plus another chunk of change for the mod, and you end up voiding the warranty.

I believe crk sells blades around 150ish, but if you void your warranty you're no longer elegible for that.

Benchmade in the other hand, sells blades for 30usd
Sure, however benchmade and CRK aren’t comparable. - I own many benchmades but they aren’t in the same class.

Chip does that ti-lite have a Ti frame, first time I’ve seen a kris blade, double edge? Thanks for sharing. 😉
No, they never actually made the 6" Ti-lite in titanium 😒...this one has steel liners and Zytel scales. The Kris blade (single edge) is a newer blade for these...I may swap it into an aluminum slab handle I have....not a huge fan of the 💩 brown handle😂

fODthuc.jpg

Anyone see a pic? Tried attaching one twice.
Apparently, this is what you need to do now. A bit of a relative PITA compared to the one-step process from before, but I'll get used to it.

Back