What kind of folder do you carry?

9D9YU4Z.jpg

ATFM4kW.jpg

4Q2COvM.jpg

vz1aJx5.jpg

Newest folder. I always like seeing what’s new and hot although I’m a little behind the curve on this one. Took me a while to score one direct but glad
I finally did. Lots to like here - unique design chops, tall slicey blade, tons of internal milling makes it super light and the external milling is interesting and adds some grip without being too abrasive.

IMG_8387.jpeg

So how does the whole designing a knife for a company thing work? Did they approach you or vice versa? How much of a say did they have in the direction of the design?
I reached out to Boker with a few sketches and this is the one they were most interested in, so they asked for a sample. Fortunately, I paid someone to make this pattern for me awhile ago with the idea of pimping it at the right time, and was able to send them something.
The production version is slightly different here and there, but it's pretty much the same. Ultimately, a company licenses a design from someone like me and once that happens they can do what they want. In this case, they nailed it.

That temptation should have left the building once your baby popped out. Lots more important things on your horizon other than a Shiro right now 👍🍻

I don't think temptation, in its varying degrees, ever leaves completely. That's why it's necessary to have priorities, which I do. I don't ever realistically see myself spending that much on a folder, regardless of my family and financial situations.

My comment was more or less a way of remarking on how much people seem to really like Shiros.

I don't think temptation, in its varying degrees, ever leaves completely. That's why it's necessary to have priorities, which I do. I don't ever realistically see myself spending that much on a folder, regardless of my family and financial situations.

My comment was more or less a way of remarking on how much people seem to really like Shiros.

Now you’re talking, I certainly didn’t mean to infer any negative connotations, just a bit of fatherly love ribbing 👍

Couldn’t agree more with you on that one. Not only do the Shiro’s look sweet, I’ve never read a single negative comment here about them either.

Of course the Big DJ Big DJ pictures don’t help much with the enabling part either 😆

Cheers bro to dreams and temptations 🍻

Now you’re talking, I certainly didn’t mean to infer any negative connotations, just a bit of fatherly love ribbing 👍

Couldn’t agree more with you on that one. Not only do the Shiro’s look sweet, I’ve never read a single negative comment here about them either.

Of course the Big DJ Big DJ pictures don’t help much with the enabling part either 😆

Cheers bro to dreams and temptations 🍻
No worries. I didn't take it negatively. Being offended is a choice. It would take a lot to get me to choose that and I would be direct about confronting the issue.

Rib away, good sir!

Back