What kind of work do you do for a living?

I have a degree in chemistry teaching (7-12 grade) and am a full time(30+ hrs/wk) student getting my doctorate in chiropractic health care. Also work part time as a mechanic in a bicycle shop, make sheaths for fellow BFC'ers, and will begin making knives as soon as I have all the materials. I am also a full-time father to two wonderfully beautiful Golden Retrievers, Phoenix and Darwin.

------------------
My Custom Kydex Sheath pagehttp://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Lab/1298/knifehome.html
Palmer College of Chiropractic
On Two Wheels

Active Duty Air Force Chief Master Sergeant. Specialty is ICBM electronics. Check my web site for details and launch pics.

Copfish - CONGRATS DADDY!!!

------------------
Check my website for nice old Harley pictures www.impulse.net/~rocket
E-mail me at rocket@impulse.net

Blacksmith/Weldor/Trapper. I've been at this way too long: longer than most of you are old.
Dan

This is terrible: it's bad enough that I've been doing this work for soooooo long, but with this post I've become a SENIOR MEMBER...... It's baaaaad. First I must keep fending off that Commie organization,AARP, and now this.........
It's a black day!

[This message has been edited by Dan K (edited 11 July 1999).]

I own a retail business that is largely tourist driven on the coast. During the off season I am a General Contractor. I retired several years ago from the construction industry and moved to the coast.

Copfish Congrats on the new addition.

Lets see what do I do again ...
Marketing Manager for a very (very) large telecommunications co.

I’m a feature columnist and Online Editor for a daily newspaper.

Despite the fact that I had a crypto clearance, I was just a cook in the service.

Allbest,

Jim

Retired (early) almost a year from a local utility. I was an investigator finding, prosecuting, recovering theft of utilities, electric and water. Downsizing and deregulation caused them to make me an offer I couldn't refuse. (Paid for a few knives)
smile.gif

------------------
><CHINOOK*>
--
Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult

Work as a Loss Prevention Officer (glorified Security) at a resort on Maui HI. Also full-time father of two with one more due in Feburary. Congrats copfish! Welcome to the most important job around!

I am a paramedic for a private ambulance service. That's the job that pays all the bills and allows me to buy all the sharp-pointy things so near and dear to me. In the off time, I am the informal cutlery and firearm consultant for the group of people I run with. Also, the resident sharpener for all the knives my friends see fit to abuse and have me clean and sharpen. But, the guys are getting better about keeping their cutlery cleaner and not abusing the edges so much. Later Jeff

Congrats, Copfish

------------------
Anybody seen the bactine, please?!?!?!?

Well ...I have just about the best job for knife nuts. I'm a chef. I have a knife in hand most of the day. Been doing it for more than 17 years now.

Tom

[This message has been edited by shappa (edited 11 July 1999).]

I have been teaching welding at an Area Vocational Technology School in Oklahoma for the last 15 years. Been making knives part time for the last 10 yrs. Retire 01-01-05 from teaching to go full time knife making. Life really is good.

I am a Federal Law Enforcement Officer SWAT Team Member/Instructor (but if you tell anybody, I will have to kill you!!!!!) :)
But, believe me I AM ONE OF THE GOOD GUYS!!

In my spare time (yea, right!) I am attempting to finish a book titled, "Emergency Preparation for the Family"

------------------
Stoney SGT/FTO

Veteran law enforcement officer who's interest is investigating officer assaults and homicides. Just recently became interested in knives after years of gun craziness.

Computer guy here.

Copfish - congratulations. Hope I didn't embarass you by starting another thread. This special occassion needs a thread of its own. Little girls are SO special - and FIRST TIME DADDY too!

Iconoclast

Libertarian

Persuasive Speaker

Critical Thinker

Boat Rocker for hire

And to pay for that I work at a mall knife store, House of Cutlery, Northtown Mall, Spokane WA. (I got the job because I am a knife nut.)

I also work part time at a second-run cinema in a local historical building.

------------------
Marion David Poff aka Eye, one can msg me at mdpoff@hotmail.com

I wrote a review of the Kasper AFCK variant, an interview of Bob Kasper, and some thoughts and brainstorms of the AFCK in general. It can be found in the Reviews Section. Check it out and tell me what you think.

"I'm just an advertisement for a version of myself." David Byrne

"It's the action, not the fruit of the action that's important. You have to do the right thing. You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing there will be no result." Gandhi

Back