1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What knife did you carry in scouts?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by VicAlox74, Dec 8, 2018.

1. VicAlox74

VicAlox74

Nov 4, 2018
    If you were a scout, what knife did you carry?

2. In Desolation

In Desolation

Nov 20, 2018
    A Victornox Trekker

3. RBid

RBid

Apr 6, 2014
    SAK and a three blade traditional. I don’t know the specific SAK, or the proper names for traditionals with three blades. I carried those from about ages 10 to... 33 or 34.

4. bflying

bflying Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2014
    These two.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ace Rimmer and Getting older like this.
  5. PuddleMonkey

PuddleMonkey

Oct 26, 2016
    How many deer have you slain with that?

AntDog and bflying like this.
  6. bflying

bflying Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2014
    No deer were slain during my scouting career. However, many bad words were uttered during the many wee hours of a frozen paper route, while working and saving for that bad boy.

Dallas T, 19-3ben and PuddleMonkey like this.
  7. AntDog

AntDog

Apr 3, 2001
    Buck 110. Not standard issue, but it's what I had at the time.

Quiet likes this.
  8. Dangerously

Dangerously Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 8, 2013
    I had an old antler handled camp knife and a stacked leather handled 3” fixed blade. I don’t remember the brand of either, as I was pretty young, and they were just tools.

9. Dr Heelhook

Dr Heelhook

Jul 24, 2007
    [​IMG]

10. eisman

eisman Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 9, 2009
    I carried a number of different knives. I had the usual "Scout" four blade pocket knife but didn't carry it much. I did carry a Toothpick pattern fishing knife, an medium Stockman by Schrade, and a Case fixed blade. Still have the fixed blade.

11. scottyj

scottyj

Jan 29, 2009
    I had a Western folder. I cant recall the model. It was short, and thick. Kinda like a squished Buck 110.
    Edit: It was actually a Western USA S-532 model. Sadly I don't know what ever happened to it, but the sheath is still in my possession. Weird.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  12. Alberta Ed

Alberta Ed

Jun 29, 1999
    A Scout knife from JC Penny. Spearpoint blade, awl, screwdriver/bottle opener and can opener. Abused the s**t out of it.

fjblair, Dangerously and Jody744 like this.
  13. Rich S

Rich S

Sep 23, 2005
    An Imperial Official Scout knife - the usual four tool model. (Still have it 65 years later.) Of course I had to earn my "Totin' Chip" first.
    Rich

BuckShack and fjblair like this.
  14. jackknife

jackknife

Oct 2, 2004
    A Camillus made 'Official' Boy Scout knife with the "Be Prepared" motto on the shield. My youngest son back in Maryland still has it.

fjblair, AntDog and Kbrasmodeler like this.
  15. unwisefool

unwisefool Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2007
    I still have mine somewhere, a red victorinox with a side lock and fully serrated blade. Had a scout logo as well. Found it a month ago and the sucker is still sharp

16. Velitrius

Velitrius

Mar 3, 2000
    I always had a Schrade Old Timer folder of some ilk. My dad spent his "after work" time at the tavern, and he played the punchboards. There was always a board that had various Old Timers for prizes and he brought them home by the bucket load.

I wanted a fixed blade, so I purchased a Camillus MKII Marine Combat knife for my scouting adventures. Like @bflying, I cursed my way through delivering newspapers for that one.

17. ucfgrad93

ucfgrad93

Dec 13, 2017
    SAK or Buck knives were carried when I was in Boy Scouts.

18. Silent H

Silent H Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2018
    I had the cheap little jackknife with red plastic handles that you get for selling a certain amount of popcorn until a family friend gifted me a Benchmade Griptilian. I credit that gift with starting my knife habit.
    [​IMG]

19. abcdef

abcdef

Oct 28, 2005
    I think I had a blue Cub one. Not sure what happened to it.

20. mpm0097

mpm0097

Oct 21, 2018
    Of course the standard cub scout knife, but for Christmas one year my parents got me a Buck 110 looking knife made by Sharp. Got it out recently, super thin blade.