What knife did you carry in scouts?

Buck light lock back. I think my wife still has it somewhere.

I also had a Gerber fixed blade, a survival knife (that had survival stuff in the handle, and a saw back spine that would not saw at all, and the edge would not hold an edge.

I also had a slipjoint with scissors, screw drivers, can openers, functional saw, and a trailing point blade. Brass with wood scales. Manufactured in Japan. Leather sheath. Still have that one too. Dont think I have a single picture....

gAvPnuk.jpg

Buck 112. Got it from my dad for my 12th birthday and still use/abuse it on a regular basis. It is a survivor: 4 years of scouts, 6 years of active duty in the US Army and I've 'lost' it 3x during the last 37 years only to find it later where I least expected.

3 Inch single blade barlow until I got a nice open frame stainlesslockblade with sheath, my troop gave it to me when we moved to British Columbia

Western Official Boy Scout fixed blade, a bird&trout with stack leather handles.

Victorinox tinker (i think) but with nail file and corkscrew.

Gutman bowie ~10" blade with stag handles. My uncle gave me the knife in pieces, no guard, I screwed the stag slabs on to make it useable. He's a cop and some kid ran off leaving the pieces in a brown paper bag. I couldn't bring it on Camporees, it would piss off other troop's scoutmasters. Our troop's leaders were more relaxed about some things. Their ritual was a six pack in the creek as soon as we made camp :) but off course not at camporees.

Back