• Spring cleaning sale: I've reduced prices on the BladeForums.com Logo Tshirts and PVC patches to move these out of here! We're down to sizes Large & XL on the shirts, but have plenty of every colorway left on the patches. Get them before they are gone! https://www.bladeforums.com/help/bfcmerch/
  • The search engine is not working correctly. We are aware of the problem and are working on a solution. Thank you for your patience.
  • I've implemented new password tools to try and cut down on the number of people getting their profiles compromised by reusing the same passwords that they have used elsewhere. If you are using a password that has been exposed in a data breach and is listed on haveibeenpwned.com you will get a notification to change it the next time you log in. When you choose a new password it will show you the strength; you will need a "Medium" strength or higher password for here, 8 characters or more in length.

Thanks for your support!

What Knife Do You Have Coming?

Pilsner

Gold Member
I’ve gone Euro-trad-mad. :eek:

A Mercator K55K and a Douk-Douk.

Actually, that’s a lie. It’s two Douk-Douks! I saw the one with the Tiki and had to have that as well. We had our honeymoon in French Polynesia, I just couldn’t resist.

I couldn’t resist buying the second Douk-Douk either. ;)

It is so cathartic to post on here and know that I am not alone in my totally normal collecting hobby obsession.

I’ve gone Euro-trad-mad. :eek:

A Mercator K55K and a Douk-Douk.

Actually, that’s a lie. It’s two Douk-Douks! I saw the one with the Tiki and had to have that as well. We had our honeymoon in French Polynesia, I just couldn’t resist.

I couldn’t resist buying the second Douk-Douk either. ;)

It is so cathartic to post on here and know that I am not alone in my totally normal collecting hobby obsession.

Douk-Douks are old school cool. I may have to get one once my Opinel fails to satiate my Francophilia... :rolleyes:

Pilsner

Gold Member
Douk-Douks are old school cool. I may have to get one once my Opinel fails to satiate my Francophilia... :rolleyes:
Love me an Opinel. :)

Initially I just ordered the Mercator (unchanged design since the 1860’s), then felt compelled to order the Douk-Douk to compare the two. It’s for science, dammit! ;)

Just ordered a MD exclusive endura 4 in super gold steel with a gold back lock. Ordered it at the beginning of this week, it won’t ship until October 31!!!!o_Oo_O

Just joined the drop as well.
Pre-ordered.

checkoutoption3_20180322140516_zpslb4idnsr.jpg

buc_zpstfcituei.jpg

RAT 1 Aus 8 as my practice knife for sharpening my sharpening skills.

PS Arrived...see "first impressions" thread.

Last edited:
RAT 1 Aus 8 as my practice knife for sharpening my sharpening skills.

Lucky! I was really looking at that one (Only D2 instead of the Aus 8 steel) for my newest EDC choice. Ended up ALMOST buying the Kershaw Cryo II but then changing my mind and splurging more than I had budgeted for my Buck 112.

I'd like to say I try to stay in my budget range. It never really works out that way though... ;]

Just joined the drop as well.

The 'Massdrop/Ferrum Forge/We/Buc' is a great price especially with those materiels, thought about getting a 2nd but one will be sufficient.
Was going for a 'Caswell Morphing Karambit', but found out it's a chisel grind, not into chisel grinds.. saved myself $450.00.

Pinnacle64

Gold Member
TRMKB8.jpg
I broke down and ordered a new Microtech Socom Alpha Fixed blade just like in the picture, however in M390 instead of Elmax. I’ve been wanting one for sometime but the price scared me off. I guess it does have premium steel,carbon fiber handles and it’s a Microtech so why not mark up the price So ordered one anyway.

WValtakis

Hand engraving & Titanium anodizing
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Two more days (I hate UPS ground) :D!

img_20180311_174357728_hdr-jpg.876788

~Chip

Specifications
  • Overall Length: 7.25 in
  • Blade Length: 3.125 in
  • Cutting Edge Length: 2.75 in
  • Blade Thickness: .250 in
  • Weight: 7.6 oz (without sheath)