What knife do you surprisingly love?

Benchmade = anything with an axis lock. I'm just not that crazy about it overall but it works. I do like some of the knife designs though.

TOPS/Buck CSAR-T Tactical Folding Knife. It’s a do everything knife and it’s built to last.

328F9AE5-BC67-43D5-A342-77604620C480.jpeg
Cold steel broken skull. Thought it was ugly. It has a dumb name. But i like it. Built well and super slim. Its light but comes with a large blade. My only complaint is the super tight clips cold steel uses. I wish the endura and delica were constructed like this. G10 and no liners. I know you can get some g10 sprints but not for a price that rivals the broken skull.

I’m with you on this one. I carry it more after putting a deep carry clip for a Code 4 on it. It’s not quite lined up perfect but now the knife sits deep in my pocket.

The Broken Skull is a lot of blade in an extremely thin form. A great cutting tool for sure. No blade play, CTS XHP steel, great blade coating, sturdy lock, and a variety of colors. Oh and it’s fairly inexpensive too.

I remember that! Canby is right around the corner. Maybe we’ll just grab coffee and bring things to check out. I have four ZTs. 0550, 0566, 0562, 0609. I’ve never handled a Spydiechef or Mantra 3.

That sounds awesome. It’s a kind of a busy time of year, but coffee and knives would be a good change from all the other stuff.

Small Inkosi
I was about to return it to the seller when it got it
After removing the lanyard and using it for a while i have been seduced;)
I have now sold most of my sub-3” knives as I was not using them anymore

My orange Manly Wasp in Sandvik, thought the four way stop would bother me when opening, now it is addictive to open and close. Blade just the right size and shape, quick to access with a good clip not too tight.

Last edited:
I have a few:
  1. Spyderco native 5, not the prettiest knife but it just fits me perfect for EDC. It's the only modern folder I have multiples of and have 2 different ones in consistent EDC rotation in work vest and jacket pockets.
  2. Swamp rat ratweiler. I thought I would like it but the price of these was a big turn-off. Got a deal on one with a trade deal and it was so lovely in hand. Sublime.
  3. CRKT hunt n' fisch. What drew me to this was price and a nice looking stock sheath. No idea that I would love the knife. Great design, this gets a lot of use prepping stuff for the fireplace. Just a great design and I think it reminds me of the feel of the native 5 in fixed blade for. Highly recommend.

Last edited:
Spyderco as a whole is a design platform I never thought I would like . But I got a raven 2 and loved it. I now have a native 5 and am looking to get a manix 2. Also planning on getting a meadowlark 2 soon. The blade designs aren't the prettiest but man can they cut. They are intended to be used , not just to look at. It is now one of my favorite brands

Bought a Terava Jakaripuuko 120 on a whim. Now, my Bark Rivers sit in my safe! It is such a basic, tough, utilitarian knife. Love it.

Gerber order,I prefer the partial serrated all black..super light,usa made,cheap,easy to sharpen.I was more curious then anything when I bought my first one and after carrying at work for a while,cuts everything I need to cut and honestly I forget I'm carrying it most of the time....this knife has surprised me.

Manix2 bought one cheap off the exchange and liked it so much I just sold my favorite. I now have a Manix 2 Cruwear for work and a Manix 2 4V for after work.

The A.G. Russell Gunstock Lockback.
I first got the small one, loved the ergonomics, and got its larger twin.
The recurve blade with full flat grind is really sweet.
They're probably the best users in my collection. Rugged, dependable, affordable.
RIP A.G.
full

I have a place in my heart for a small stockman. I started with Buck 303's but when I found the Queen 26 with D2, I found the one. Whenever I need a small, unobtrusive knife that can handle a lot of things, it's the first one to go into my pocket. I also miss my Benchmade 330. Small but functional...

Buck 110 LT.
Despite the "unfinished" build quality, it still functions well. It's real light and great in the hand.

I'm mellowing as I age. I think I love them all. But the surprise came fairly recently when I fell in love with assisted openers and automatics. Forever I've hated both concepts and I never saw any practical reason for their existence. Then I had an epiphany with a cheap Taiwanese Lightning OTF and a Ganzo side opener. They were fun! Now I own multiple Benchmade, Hogue, Protech, Microtech, etc. They're all fun.

Kershaw Leek and Spyderco Dragonfly. I thought both would be too small and barely useable. I use both a lot.

Also, Ontario RAT1. Lots of hype and I didnt want to like it. Amazing knife for the $$$. I recommend it to everyone that asks me about a solid large inexpensive folder.

Back