What knife is your beater?

Microtech SOCOM M/A! This is the one I grab if I know it's going to be used hard.
biggrin.gif

Damascus Cuda."Takes a licking and keeps on"----
oh well you know what I mean

------------------

have a"knife"day

Masters of Defense CQD. I don't feel like I'm beating it up though just using it the way it wants to be used.

I love to KILL my REKAT PIONEER II !!! It takes a licking, and yes, it keeps on ticking!

Carry it almost everyday, use it for everything, keep it as sharp as possible. This knife is a TOOL!

Steve in NYC

------------------
What we do today in life...echoes in eternity...
Every man dies...not every man lives...

I have a pair of "beaters." They are a Spyderco Delica and a SAK. No matter how tough the task, these have withstood the task and the test of time.

------------------
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, It's the sudden stop at the end.

I have 3 "beaters":
- Victorinox SAK Ranger; this thing has bailed my butt out of so many difficulties it's not even funny; It's always with me
- I rotate between my large Sebenza and SERE 2000 in the back pocket; Normally choose the SERE if I think there will be super heavy use involved.

I have two Endura's that are my beater's. One is an old model with a fully serrated blade. The other is a 98 Model with a plain blade. I bought both of them off the for sale forum after giving away three Endura's to relatives and missing having one to carry everyday.

A serrated Red Endura that I am having the serrations ground off of.

My REKAT Pioneer I

18" HI Ang Khola

CS Bushman

These are my tortured knives and they all have endured much and still cut like the dickens.

------------------
Clay Fleischer
clay_fleischer@yahoo.com
AKTI Member A000847

I consider most all of my knives to be "beaters." Cherished and meticulously cared for, but beaters none the less. With the exception of some antique pocketknives with family/sentimental value, I only keep and carry knives to be used (though that'll probably change when I save up some money!).
These include Buck 112, 709, 526; Victorinox Classic, Tinker and Adventurer (which I carried daily in Europe for five years); Leatherman Wave; Schrade LB7, Uncle Henry stockman and Old Timer two-blade jack; and Spyderco 50/50 Delica. Plus some other more mediocre blades I'd like to unload, thereby pulling together more money for more (and better) knives.

Ontario G.I. machete. $15 knife that works better than most big knives selling for hundreds more.

A Greco Companion in A2 steel. One tough mother! My new Busse LMS may also fall into that category.
smile.gif

AJ

plain edge original (Plastic Clip) Endura. Still going after 12 years

------------------
Mark, Isiah 40:31 They that wait on the LORD shall mount up with wings as eagles...

My SAK Tinker has been in my pocket for 6 years and has taken a hell of a beating but still looksand functions great! I have had, and carried several knives over the years but this one has remained a permanent fixture in my pocket.
wink.gif

-----------------
Chris

I have a couple. My Mini AFCK still takes everything I throw at it, and my Starmate gets abused more than my other knives.

Our Spyderco Endura. It has cut everything from string to a cable lock. It has fell 2 stories on to a concrete floor. It has been run over by a C-130H. The knife looks almost as good as the day I got it, except sharper, thanks to our 204. RKBA!

In straight knives, it used to be an old Kabar, which Clayton has now, but at present an early Cold Steel SRK. I dig weeds with it, open cans, throw it. It looks like hell, but will still take a good edge and keep on working.

As far as folders, all my Cold Steel - an XL Gunsite, a large Voyager Tanto, and an XL Voyager plain clip pt.

Back