What knife would you buy if only it was Magna Cut?

I already own every variation/type of knife that I would ever want to own. So, there is no other type of knife that I would buy "only if it was made" w/a MagnaCut steel blade.

Fact is, I don't "use" any of the knives that I collect, so the blade steel is actually pretty irrelevant to me BUT I like collecting knives not only of different types/styles but also w/different blade steels.

So, if/when knives w/MagnaCut steel become more readily available (not just in limited runs from custom makers, as it appears is currently the case), I'd be interested in buying a Spyderco Mule, a puukko and/or a bushcraft/camp style fixed blade knife made w/MagnaCut.

No compelling reason IMO for me to buy an auto/bali/folder just because it's made w/MagnaCut (as opposed to any other steel) but no reason not to buy a knife that I like if MagnaCut is used instead of any other steel either.

Last edited:
From what I have read, it will probably be in the S30V range of materials cost. It is reported to be relatively easy to grind too which makes it cost efficient to produce.
Thank you sir. I don't have the time to pick fly scat out of pepper, and I appreciate your reply. It seemed self apparent that it was high end, cutting edge šŸ˜Š, steel. I just had no idea of how it would be to process by a cutting tool manufacturer, and if it was an expensive steel for them to buy. It is good news to see that it is "relatively easy to grind". Thanks for the info. :thumbsup: I'll try to go back through this thread when I have time.

Magnacut Bubble Sword of Righteousness! I'd take that, but mine would be the Bubble Sword of Omens!

I would buy any CRK knife again in Magnacut. I would probably do that with Hinderer too, but I really don't want another XM-18. I am very happy with the one I have now.

If Iā€™m just wishing I would want a Gene Ingram Bird & Trout #1, which is the model Iā€™ve spent the most time using out of everything I own and might possibly be the most perfect pattern ever devised.

More realistically Iā€™d enjoy having a Spyderco Kapara made from the stuff. Thinner stock or at least thinner behind the edge than the S30V / 20CV blades.

If benchmade reintroduced the Rukus in Magnacut i would buy 2.

Back