What knife would you like to see next from CPK?

Nathan the Machinist

KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
The Light Chopper has been a big hit this year. Thank you all for that. There had been requests for the kitchen knife we did and it was a big hit too. There were multiple requests for the 3" EDC we're doing now. Looking forward now I'm thinking about the next project. We could go back to our roots and do a run of very thin D2 skinners. We could do an inexpensive ugly woods knife without any fancy finishing or other touches to keep the cost down and increase availability (an ugly knife project, we could call it a CPK UKP). Some folks have asked for a user grade dagger (not a high dollar integral but something you could carry). Some folks want a big stout chopper added to the line up. There is talk of a folder, though the development time for something like that is pretty long.

So, it's Saturday afternoon, I'm enjoying a fine North Carolina summer afternoon, sipping a beer and thinking about the future. And I can utilize this new forum to ask you guys: What would you like to see next?

Jo and I appreciate your patronage. :thumbup:

8" Light chopper please!
It would be THE perfect camp knife.
I would also say a 3" fixed but sounds like that's in the works already

6" "survival " style knife based off the light chopper , kind of a mix between the field knife / light chopper .

Nathan, I think that your thin D2 skinner is an excellent idea should you decide to go retro. It has already been done before and it will add to the CPK repertoire for those who wish to carry three of your items for multi days excursion into deep woods: Light Chopper + Field Knife + Thin Skinner, covers most of one's bases. If you wanted to go Heavy Chopper, I would recommend a slightly longer version of your previous HC, perhaps a 12 inch version!

You already have the platform set up for these two and will generate quicker cashflow + faster turn around times. It will set you up nicely to invest some of your financial "gains" into future projects which will move at slower pace unless you are prepared to hire more machinists.

Well I would really like to see the heavy chopper. But the idea of a general all around survival style blade is interesting. Maybe 6-8 inch blade length, keep it rough looking to keep cost down as you mentioned and increase production.

I wouldn't mind something with dimensions similar to the Busse Sarsquatch.

A cheap, ugly beater wouldn't be bad either.

I would like to see the return of combat blades; 6" fighter, 8" shiv, dagger.

Regardless of the next fixed blade project, I hope some time can be allocated for a future CPK folder.

I'd love another chance at a kitchen knife...but a heavy chopper or shiv would be nice too ;)

~Chip

Kitchen knife a lefty can use, I believe the kitchen knives previously release were only for righty.
Better yet a kitchen /camp hybrid...
4-5 inch blade, 1 1/2 to 2 inch belly near the handle for fingers not to get in the way, slightly thinner than1/8 in to slice yet hard/thick enough for camp/bushcraft type duties notching, feathersticking, sharpening a stick to use as a tent pole or stake, mild chopping, making a walking stick on the fly...

I like the ugly knife idea. Id buy a couple Skinners too I reckon. There's a grandpa and uncle itching to be thanked for teaching this Tinfoil hat wearing fool how to process game.

I'm all about a folder, and of course curious to see what Lorien has in the works.

More of a philosophical question, does CPK need to make another knife?

I'm just wondering how the models will progress, make something for a while until market saturation, or make it until it's boring to do so?

Just my curious nature, no one lynch me please.

folder
Light Khukuri
:thumbup: :D

+1 of each :)
I'd love to see what you would do with a khukuri, especially one that is effective tool but light enough to carry (same philosophy as the light chopper).
A folder that is NOT a flipper or RIL lock.

And... a light chopper (please keep them coming).

Back