What knife would you like to see next from CPK?

no gimmicks, no serrations, just well designed, solid and dependable. Think Fallkniven A1 or somesuch. 6-7" blade, with the ergonomics and quality you expect.
Please never bring that other brand name up again here, or you will be flogged :)

I like the sound of this, I'd be in !!!!

no gimmicks, no serrations, just well designed, solid and dependable. Think Fallkniven A1 or somesuch. 6-7" blade, with the ergonomics and quality you expect.
Please never bring that other brand name up again here, or you will be flogged :)

I'd love something no frills that size.

~6" survival knife is a design that would fit nicely between FK and LC. I can get behind this.

And, definitely, ninja stars.

Now this is the out of box thinking we need more of!

Let's take this 1 small step further. How about we put 12 "stars" on a spool and add a handle. Let's call it the CPK Lawn Aerator. Of course the design would be able to fully disassemble for easier cleaning. 😉

Put me down for 2 Lawn Aerators (LA). I have some sod that needs TLC. 😊

^ A 6" ish camp/survival knife is exactly what I've been wanting to see come from Nathon. Would be a great do all knife for me. I do have a GSO 6 on order but I do prefer the geometry and esthetics of the Carothers. Would also like to have a dedicated skinner. Of course both in D3V.

Last edited:
I'm obviously going to be in the minority here, but I'd like to see a 5-6" kitchen utility knife. Something that would get used almost every day rather than a few times a year. Other than that, the only significant "gap" I see is something like a 3.5-4" dropped point skinner with a little more belly than the field knife or edc.

I'm obviously going to be in the minority here, but I'd like to see a 5-6" kitchen utility knife. Something that would get used almost every day rather than a few times a year. Other than that, the only significant "gap" I see is something like a 3.5-4" dropped point skinner with a little more belly than the field knife or edc.

Yes, a Santoku to team up with the potato knife!

here's what I came up with around the time I finished the first drawing of the LC.

I've now revisited it, and with all I learned, (and continue to learn from) from the LC and from Nathan, I think I've started to zero in on what I think can be done to improve upon it, and provide a consistent aesthetic.

The first iteration of the new version of this pattern has traveled through cyberspace now, and we'll see where things go from here.

That looks great ! Solid looking too

A combat/camp knife would be cool! I would definitely go for a skinner. Really, any of your previous knives would be great. A nessmuk design would be something interesting too

I'm with Bob, a kitchen utility knife would be great too. Have one of the kitchen knives already and love it.

I'm with Bob, a kitchen utility knife would be great too. Have one of the kitchen knives already and love it.

Wouldn't mind that or even a petty knife. I've got a 7" super thin petty in AEB-L that I use every time I'm doing food prep.

That looks awesome Lorien, that combined with Nate's D3V work, i'd sign up for one in a heart beat

Last edited:
A 6-8" survival knife sounds about perfect to me. And with the talk regarding Randall blades, and I've recently been feeling the need to pick one up, this may be just what I need. The "Grab one knife and go" solution. The "knife on the hip, rifle on the back" solution.

That design looks great. Need D3V of course. And I'd like mine with a crowned spine, option for a sharpened swedge, a slight recurve, and the guard to slightly radius back towards the handle (looks like it was drawn and erased that way). I'm a little worried in may be a bit blade heavy, but with the fuller/swedge/recurve I'm sure you'll work it out. Make mine with terotuf and I'm gooood. Also, probably just from staring at Randall's lately, but could be sweet with a separate nickel guard instead of an integral.

And aside from the survival blade, a light kukri would be very nice.

:thumbup:

here's what I came up with around the time I finished the first drawing of the LC.

I've now revisited it, and with all I learned, (and continue to learn from) from the LC and from Nathan, I think I've started to zero in on what I think can be done to improve upon it, and provide a consistent aesthetic.

The first iteration of the new version of this pattern has traveled through cyberspace now, and we'll see where things go from here.

I'd like to see a slim, lightweight, front flipping folder, delta 3V blade right around 3.5", with the design heavily biased towards max ergonomics, and discreet pocket carry. Probably a long shot, with many other players in this category, but I'm all in if Nate and Lorien decide to go down this path.

As for a fixed blade, I would like to see a Nessmuk, or a Puukko, utilizing the best traits of Lorien's design, and Nate's execution.

A Bladesports-certified competition chopper.

The sport could greatly benefit from new blood, I'm sure, and there's no good "off-the-shelf" source for a blade that meets the criterion, and too few makers offering lower priced knives, namely because it's too damn expensive to make them.

A Bladesports-certified competition chopper.

The sport could greatly benefit from new blood, I'm sure, and there's no good "off-the-shelf" source for a blade that meets the criterion, and too few makers offering lower priced knives, namely because it's too damn expensive to make them.

here's one I drew up for Jo;

Back