What knife would you use to kill a bear?

I was gonna say mossberg with a bayonet but someone beat me to it... So i'll go with a Swamp rat waki tuct taped on the end of a pole duct taped on the end of a M4 converted to .50 Beowulf with the biggest magazine i can get, finally, i would duct tape this all to the barrel of an Abrams tank, and run some cord to the gunner seat to fire it Co-Axial

Or just a Spyderco Tenacious:D

Well first i'ed dig a hole in the ice

then I would get a can of Peas, and put peas around the hole

then when the bear came over to take a Pea

i'ed sneak up real quick and kick the bear in the ice hole

I was going to answer ka-bar, but that would have been lame. Oh, I just said it.

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned Ka-Bar, since I heard that's exactly how it got its name! I don't have all the details but apperantly the pre ka-bar knife company got a letter from a poorly educated mountain man who was so happy with his knife he wrote a letter about how he used it to "ka a bar" (kill a bear) the makers were so tickled by this that it eventually became there company name.

Oh, and I'll take a rodent waki as well. :thumbup:

i always carry a pistol ready to go whenever i am away from population.
that bear would have had 8 rounds of 9mm in its face during its charge.
and i still got my kabar.

I think I'd focus on getting one with a lanyard that I can tie to my hand. The perfect bear killing knife would be useless if I dropped it!

I think an Izula would be fine.

I am just going to stab whoever is with me directly in the thigh and run like crazy.

Either that or take your buddies shoes. You do not have to run faster than the bear, just faster than everyone else.

The only knife I'd trust to do in a grizzly would be one of those Wasp injection knives. Just plunge it in and push the button. I've done some reading on this knife and it's supposed to work well with sharks. Then, recently, I read James Rollins' The Doomsday Key, in which the Wasp was featured.

neoprene_lg.jpg

I also saw on the National Geographic Channel (or one of those networks), where a man saved his girlfriend from a black bear using a 4-inch knife. He had some bumps and scrapes, but came out of it better than the bear.

Knives are mean weapons, silent and effective. I don't want to go up against a bear with one, though. I saw a movie tonight called The Edge, starring Alec Baldwin and Anthony Hopkins. They were stalked by a grizzly and eventually killed it. They weren't too smart, though. They trapped a squirrel and were very happy, then went off and left it when a helicopter failed to spot them.

I had a girlfriend like that....

i really want one of those wasp injectors! does anyone know where i can get one? and if they are legal to carry...

a B-52 with a full load of 500LBS bombs? each with a knife glued and taped(so they dont fall off) to the end

What one man can do; another man can do! Say it Bob! What one man can do; another man can do! Today, I'm going to kill the ----- ------ !!!!

Back