What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

Another recent barlow acquisition...Quite similar to Schrade 206 but with a different swedge and bolster...Notice the patterns on the covers? Just about identical...

Who knows what the story is?

OaYT066.jpg
5rki5aM.jpg

Last edited:
Both made by Schrade... basically the same knife.
Thank you JohnDF JohnDF !!!

It's really neat to discover how 'intertwined' the knife making industry is and how many different factories shared, commissioned, remade, etc. these fine knives.

I recently saw the Russell Green River barlows produced in Solingen, Germany, reminiscent of Boker barlows. I think I need to get my hands on that one also :D

Awesome Charlie, very realistic :cool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This one also just dropped. I know a bit about these later Russells, enough to know that this one isn’t the real deal. Kinda has the Queen looks, and everything else looked fine enough for me. In hand, it’s a kool one... even though the main hardly has any of it’s springy motion remaining...
1834730E-2746-4EA5-8C3B-B427ABF6DE0C.jpeg

Went to a flea market in southern Illinois last weekend called the “coon club”. Met some interesting people and picked this one up for a 10$ Billimage.jpgif a paying member would like this knife pm me with your address and I will send it to you. Secondary is lazy but a guy told me it’s okay to be till it leads to negligence

Last edited:
Another recent barlow acquisition...Quite similar to Schrade 206 but with a different swedge and bolster...Notice the patterns on the covers? Just about identical...

Who knows what the story is?

OaYT066.jpg
5rki5aM.jpg
I think you have the story on that piece of paper . If you will hold the knives side by side you will see that the covers for each knife were made in the same molds or stamped with the same dies . What Serial Number is your 100 Year Commemorative Issue ???? I think you should go after more of the Russells , both real and copies .

Then this one that I got after the above ones .

It has a Double Struck Bolster

Then there are these and others like them

I wish you Luck if you decide to collect the complete set .

Harry

I think you have the story on that piece of paper . If you will hold the knives side by side you will see that the covers for each knife were made in the same molds or stamped with the same dies . What Serial Number is your 100 Year Commemorative Issue ???? I think you should go after more of the Russells , both real and copies .

Harry
Wow those are some treasures!
It will be slow and only the time will tell but I’ll continue to keep an eye out for these.
Thank you!

Harry
Nice collection Harry, and great information as always!👍

Back