What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

Here are some comparison pictures; the first and second runs of #14s in the first pic. The second picture has some #15s in with the #14s.
2018-clip-comparo-1-jpg.1017246
2018-clip-comparo-2-jpg.1017247

But, this is a wonder to my eyes!!!:D:thumbsup:

Nice picture, GuestWho!!
The whole pic looks antique - did you take it with a box camera???o_O:cool:

Question.

I purchase a tc barlow (used)

The bolsters have cratches and ding marks same with the spine , backspring.
I am not concern with the blade. What is the best method to have the bolster looking decent

. sandpaper different grits, micro mesh anything that you have used??
Or should i just leave the knife as it is.

In the past i have purchased knives where the bolsters were deglossed and they look nice.

any advise would help

The easy way would be to buy some micron sand papers from amazon. I think they’re under the brand “ZONA” I have used these for years to polish bolsters. Just work from the colors green to white grit. That’s all you need to know! Honestly, by the time you get to the aqua grit, you’ll start seeing that high gloss polish, fresh from the factory appearance!

The easy way would be to buy some micron sand papers from amazon. I think they’re under the brand “ZONA” I have used these for years to polish bolsters. Just work from the colors green to white grit. That’s all you need to know! Honestly, by the time you get to the aqua grit, you’ll start seeing that high gloss polish, fresh from the factory appearance!
Many thanks

That beautiful color on either or both T/C(s) would be greatly appreciated. Imagine a matching pair. A combination devoutly to be wished.

Back