What model is this

Thanks for the welcome Joe, much appreciated.
Is there no way of resurrecting the 885/886 series? Perhaps it was a little ahead of it's time? I really think it would to well for Buck if it were available again - like you said - without the button - just a straight forward liner or even frame lock? It really ticks all the boxes for a great tactical knife, particularly for civilians

Bump.

I used to own a mini tac lite. Holy cow. Just had a moment and remembered this thing. Google showed me this thread.

Last edited:
Bump.

I used to own a mini tac lite. Holy cow. Just had a moment and remembered this thing. Google showed me this link.

There's no link. I don't know if you realize this but you're the first person to post on this thread since Aug 17, 2012...

There's no link. I don't know if you realize this but you're the first person to post on this thread since Aug 17, 2012...
he knows that's why he said "bump." :)

model I didnt know about, so learned something.

think he means he found this thread on Google. that's how I interpreted it, not that he was posting a link in his post.

he knows that's why he said "bump." :)

model I didnt know about, so learned something.

think he means he found this thread on Google. that's how I interpreted it, not that he was posting a link in his post.

Thanks JB, I guess I'm getting old...

It is a cool knife. Maybe ahead of its time? I think it would be a good model to bring back. I'm with Fritz, wood no serrations...

Thanks JB, I guess I'm getting old...

It is a cool knife. Maybe ahead of its time? I think it would be a good model to bring back. I'm with Fritz, wood no serrations...
yes Sir. no bother. you ain't alone on that Sir. we all are gettin' old....like it or not.:)

yeah wood, large size and plain edge I'd be interested in. maybe even upgraded cpm154 steel.

I didn't know about these models either but now I want both large and small. I have two other examples of button-actuated liner locks from other companies. I'd love to get my hands on Buck's versions!

Back