What multi tool, You using today?

kebThia.jpeg

blkzy1M.jpeg

Still been carrying my pioneer. Love the pioneer paired with my 4 inch vise grips. I can get alot of tinkering done with that set up. Here we are starting some seeds for the garden.

I put a tiny awl on an old Leatherman Style CS and I'm currently using it to bore holes in random things for giggles. :p

I had bought the style CS on ebay so I could remove the knife blade and put it on a style PS in place of the scissors. I was just gonna throw it in the spare parts bin afterwards, but then I started seeing what else I had that could fit in the knife slot. Turns out I had a few things that could work, and the awl was one of them. It came off of a cheap multi tool that I took apart some time last year and then I couldn't reassemble it because the backsprings were too strong. :rolleyes:

I also had to resharpen the scissors. You can spread the scissors open wider by pushing the little fat spring bars into the handles with a flat screwdriver. It requires a bit of force, but it's easy enough once you know what you're doing. 👍

Very rare skeletool tree insect, ready to pounce😆
View attachment 1793126
Here in my part of Oklahoma we have silver ones. There is one that has been stocking me. It even sneaks into my pocket. Stealthy little creatures!
Like i have said before the skeletool seems to always make it back in my pocket. Paired with my pioneer i can get alot done.

20220423_085627~2_resize_37.jpg20220423_085831~2_resize_11.jpg
Surge and Crater in coyote tan skinth with some other stuff along for the ride. The Leatherman Surge is a large and capable multitool. I dont frequently have a need for the ratcheting bit driver, wrenches or pry tool, but they are very little extra weight and add some capabilty options. I have several multitool setups but this is a favorite. Forgot to add that I have about a 9-foot skein of small-diameter paracord tucked into the bottom of the skinth sheath to keep the top of the Surge raised up for easy access from the surrounding tools.

Last edited:
View attachment 1799982View attachment 1799983
Surge and Crater in coyote tan skinth with some other stuff along for the ride. The Leatherman Surge is a large and capable multitool. I dont frequently have a need for the ratcheting bit driver, wrenches or pry tool, but they are very little extra weight and add some capabilty options. I have several multitool setups but this is a favorite. Forgot to add that I have about a 9-foot skein of small-diameter paracord tucked into the bottom of the skinth sheath to keep the top of the Surge raised up for easy access from the surrounding tools.
That wrap on the opening hole is a nice personal touch.

Back