What multi tool, You using today?

Eric has made some brilliant sheaths. I only have two of the same type, the one in the post above and another in black with my supertool 300 setup. The black sheath has many miles on it, and I have several times had to bring it back from the brink with thorough cleaning, stiching repair, flame defuzzing of worn areas and carding of the velcro. Since leatherman came out with their new snap nylon sheaths a few years ago, my regular carry is a smaller, simpler setup with a Leatherman Charge in one of Leatherman's nylon snap sheaths.

Edit for spelling.

Last edited:
That wrap on the opening hole is a nice personal touch.
Thank you! It is small diameter copper and brass wire twisted in a pair and then wound through the opener. Makes for a bit more purchase on the one hand opening, but can be a drawback if you need to use the full length of the blade, for example cutting thick foam packaging material.

View attachment 1799982View attachment 1799983
Surge and Crater in coyote tan skinth with some other stuff along for the ride. The Leatherman Surge is a large and capable multitool. I dont frequently have a need for the ratcheting bit driver, wrenches or pry tool, but they are very little extra weight and add some capabilty options. I have several multitool setups but this is a favorite. Forgot to add that I have about a 9-foot skein of small-diameter paracord tucked into the bottom of the skinth sheath to keep the top of the Surge raised up for easy access from the surrounding tools.
Real nice set up.
I have 1 of those eze lap pen rods myself handy with serrations.
Thanks for sharing.

Just scored a Leatherman P4 Squirt, and a Gerber Dime for $30 dollars! Love that I have a mini-Leatherman with spring-loaded pliers though noting will replace my Wingman. The Leatherman logo looks different than on my Wingman, is that usual or is my model older? Will post pics soon.

Used the Raptor Response to cut a piece of gasket material then used the reamer on the Rebar to predrill screw holes.

TtpEYf9.jpg

lbZxU1t.jpg

x8O7MSI.jpg

Back