1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What SAK are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by arizonaranchman, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Pilsner

Pilsner Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 28, 2017
    J.S. Bach in the background. :thumbsup:
  2. Chacap

Dec 2, 2017
    [QUOTE = "jmh33, post: 17896056, membre: 126862"] WOW !! J'espère que vous portez des bretelles pour tenir vos tiroirs avec votre ceinture !! :RÉJohn [/ QUOTE]
    350g, dans un étui en cuir à la ceinture c'est possible
  3. Chacap

Dec 2, 2017
    [QUOTE = "Pilsner, poste: 17896109, membre: 486251"] JS Bach en arrière-plan. :pouces vers le haut:[/CITATION]
    Yes I am a chorus-singer and I sing regularly Bach, Schubert, Mendelssohn, Haendel, Puccini and many others else... Offenbach also " La vie Parisienne"
    Pilsner likes this.
  4. oldmanrunning

oldmanrunning Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Apr 22, 2013
    After all the money I have spent in the last year or so importing Case and GECs from the USA , it seems this Compact is all I really need.
  5. Chacap

Dec 2, 2017
    Today Victorinox Outrider
    redsparrow and Grateful like this.
  6. redsparrow

redsparrow Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 3, 2014
    -Typical pocket dump.
    -The Vic Soldier is occasionally replaced by a Camper for walks or a Sportsman for less weigh as the mood strikes.
    -The Delica is often replaced with a traditional because I like them.
    -The Classic is a permanent key-ring fixture. It is in fact the second Classic to hold that position, the first one wore out.

Grateful and HWF like this.
  7. solphilos

solphilos Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 17, 2009

Hey guys, I dont frequent these parts much but have been carrying some form of SAK most my life. Lately I've been mesmerized by GEC knives so I'm taking a break and getting back to my roots a bit; I miss the utility mostly, and the money in my bank account.

The Farmer is in pocket today. Also cleaning up the Huntsman (formerly Explorer) and trying to remove the epoxied aluminum scales. I think some sapphire plus scales would look nice on this one.
    redsparrow likes this.
  8. vilePossum

Jan 14, 2015
    2017 olive/green Pioneer. Gotta get myself a Pioneer X again, missing the scissors.
    I wish victorinox would make some non alox 93 models to have easy access to modding parts. :p
    solphilos likes this.
  9. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer

Jul 4, 2017
    I've been carrying my Vic Walker at home every day, but I decided it was time to take my Woodsman out of "retirement" and put it on my belt. I have a Gander Mountain nylon belt pouch for it but I'm thinking of ordering a Zermatt pouch similar to the one that fits my Walker. This one dates to about 1975 and is nearly identical to today's Huntsman, but without the toothpick, tweezers, and hook. The tang stamp says "VICTORINOX SWITZERLAND STAINLESS ROSTFREI".

solphilos, redsparrow and Grateful like this.
  10. redsparrow

redsparrow Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Always a good idea not to stray to far from our roots. :)
    solphilos, like you I enjoy the traditionals and strongly agree, for utility ya can't beat a SAK. What's the expression? ... "More bang for the buck."

So today I'll carry a sportsman... a real sweetheart of a SAK
    solphilos likes this.
  11. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    This recruit is probably favorite sak type Vic.

I love my Tinker as well, but the size of the recruit is just so perfect.