1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What SAK are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by arizonaranchman, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Pilsner

Pilsner Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 28, 2017
    J.S. Bach in the background. :thumbsup:

2. Chacap

Chacap

Dec 2, 2017
    [QUOTE = "jmh33, post: 17896056, membre: 126862"] WOW !! J'espère que vous portez des bretelles pour tenir vos tiroirs avec votre ceinture !! :RÉJohn [/ QUOTE]
    350g, dans un étui en cuir à la ceinture c'est possible

3. Chacap

Chacap

Dec 2, 2017
    [QUOTE = "Pilsner, poste: 17896109, membre: 486251"] JS Bach en arrière-plan. :pouces vers le haut:[/CITATION]
    Yes I am a chorus-singer and I sing regularly Bach, Schubert, Mendelssohn, Haendel, Puccini and many others else... Offenbach also " La vie Parisienne"

Pilsner likes this.
  4. oldmanrunning

oldmanrunning Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2013
    After all the money I have spent in the last year or so importing Case and GECs from the USA , it seems this Compact is all I really need.
    [​IMG]

HWF, Venice, smcclown05 and 2 others like this.
  5. Chacap

Chacap

Dec 2, 2017
    Today Victorinox Outrider
    [​IMG]

redsparrow and Grateful like this.
  6. redsparrow

redsparrow Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 3, 2014
    -Typical pocket dump.
    -The Vic Soldier is occasionally replaced by a Camper for walks or a Sportsman for less weigh as the mood strikes.
    -The Delica is often replaced with a traditional because I like them.
    -The Classic is a permanent key-ring fixture. It is in fact the second Classic to hold that position, the first one wore out.

[​IMG]

Grateful and HWF like this.
  7. solphilos

solphilos Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 17, 2009
    IMG_20180313_102242.jpg

Hey guys, I dont frequent these parts much but have been carrying some form of SAK most my life. Lately I've been mesmerized by GEC knives so I'm taking a break and getting back to my roots a bit; I miss the utility mostly, and the money in my bank account.

The Farmer is in pocket today. Also cleaning up the Huntsman (formerly Explorer) and trying to remove the epoxied aluminum scales. I think some sapphire plus scales would look nice on this one.

A.S. and redsparrow like this.
  8. vilePossum

vilePossum

Jan 14, 2015
    2017 olive/green Pioneer. Gotta get myself a Pioneer X again, missing the scissors.
    I wish victorinox would make some non alox 93 models to have easy access to modding parts. :p

sparklygalaxy and solphilos like this.
  9. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer

Jul 4, 2017
    I've been carrying my Vic Walker at home every day, but I decided it was time to take my Woodsman out of "retirement" and put it on my belt. I have a Gander Mountain nylon belt pouch for it but I'm thinking of ordering a Zermatt pouch similar to the one that fits my Walker. This one dates to about 1975 and is nearly identical to today's Huntsman, but without the toothpick, tweezers, and hook. The tang stamp says "VICTORINOX SWITZERLAND STAINLESS ROSTFREI".

[​IMG]

10. redsparrow

redsparrow Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Always a good idea not to stray to far from our roots. :)
    solphilos, like you I enjoy the traditionals and strongly agree, for utility ya can't beat a SAK. What's the expression? ... "More bang for the buck."

So today I'll carry a sportsman... a real sweetheart of a SAK
    [​IMG]

jmh33, A.S. and solphilos like this.
  11. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    [​IMG]
    This recruit is probably favorite sak type Vic.

I love my Tinker as well, but the size of the recruit is just so perfect.

jmh33 likes this.
  12. oldmanrunning

Apr 22, 2013
    The Compact has new scales, the Manager would like new scales but I have failed to locate any.
    [​IMG]

jmh33 and Grateful like this.
  13. oldmanrunning

Apr 22, 2013
    This is most of my saks , I have a couple of 58mm that were gifted to me , I have found the Compact to be pretty much the perfect EDC , I have tried carrying one of the others ( Explorer, Climber, Tinker and Tourist, ) but when I have pulled them from my pocket I find myself thinking "it should be the Compact". In years past I have carried a few SAKs especially a Swiss Champ that a much loved girl friend bought me for my birthday, as I have got older the weight of the mighty Swiss Champ on my belt is something I can do without , and I find that the Explorer has the extra tools that I may find a use for, no fish scaler, large file/metal saw , pliers or wood saw needed in my day to day life.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    jmh33 likes this.
  14. thefrank

thefrank Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Took my Victorinox Pioneer Alox with me today. The Boker Tech-Tool is riding in my EDC bag almost every day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

microbe, jmh33 and redsparrow like this.
  15. smcclown05

smcclown05

Oct 17, 2008
    [​IMG]

pipedreams308 and jmh33 like this.
  16. smcclown05

smcclown05

Oct 17, 2008
    [​IMG]

microbe, HarryD, jmh33 and 2 others like this.
  17. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

microbe, HarryD, redsparrow and 2 others like this.
  18. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    My three alox pioneer old cross red...

[​IMG]

microbe, Pomsbz, HarryD and 4 others like this.
  19. Chacap

Chacap

Dec 2, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  20. Chacap

Chacap

Dec 2, 2017
    I have 4 Huntsman" Camo fun "
    [​IMG]