What SAK are ya totin' today?

IMG-1955.jpg

This is the most unusual SAK that I have found while metal detecting. It was on the grounds of a plant nursery and I think that it's called an Arborist model ? It was stomped in pretty good and filled with grime and slime. The steel held up well ! And a couple of quick shots of Sandhill Cranes, as I was on my way out to a lake.
REGYFXL.jpg

jHZA62W.jpg

QMxGliC.jpg

DHIBvTc.jpg

I forgot about my 78 for about half a year now. Fun thread, thanks for the reminder. ☺️
L2QCoQ8.jpg

These knives are very well made, honestly. I purchased one a short while ago after I read through Felix Immler's book and it was revealed at the end that he'd done all those things with that particular knife, and have to say that he was on the money. I especially enjoy the longer (and actually useful) saw that this model includes, and of course, the longer blade as well. It makes it a true multifunctional camping knife because you can do both woodcraft as well as food prep with it. Will I carry multiple knives on a camping trip? Absolutely, but this knife will be on my belt as well anyway.

If you don’t mind me asking, but what’s the significance of the the old automobile?
No worries mate, this model is called the Grand Prix mines from the mid 80's but they made them into the early 90s. There was an Automobile Special as well it was the same minus the scissors. Both these models had the car on it kind of like the fish on the Fisherman an Angler.
Funnily enough the Automobile model didn't get the car, it has St Christopher the patron saint of travel on the scales. One of the few knives I don't have from the 80's.
Dan

Back