What size blade is the perfect EDC for you?

What is your preferred EDC knife blade length?

• <2”

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • 2”-2.25”

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • 2.25”-2.5”

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • 2.5”-2.75”

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • 2.75”-3.0”

Votes: 39 20.2%
  • 3.0”-3.25”

Votes: 48 24.9%
  • 3.25”-3.5”

Votes: 33 17.1%
  • 3.5”-3.75”

Votes: 22 11.4%
  • 3.75”-4.0”

Votes: 19 9.8%
  • >4.0”

Votes: 13 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"What size blade is the perfect EDC for you?"

There is no perfect size for me, so I carry an assortment...just answering the thread title🤷‍♂️
Same here. Guess some people find that hard to understand. Oh well, more knives for the rest of us! Main folder is always 3.5"-4" but between a fixed blade, MT, SAK, and Classic on my keys, I've got blades of all sizes on me daily. And yes, they all see use!

ErN8rY5h.jpg

ZluC8WJh.jpg

sKporavh.jpg

g0dn5LVh.jpg

Y7eKSbKh.jpg

For me it depends on the day, temperature, moon phase, market conditions, and my mood.

As you can see, this is obviously my Saturday setup for a bullish market on a full moon at 75°. I was slightly depressed that day, which is why I needed a sword.

NpKoPM2.jpg

The idea is to pick one size that best suits you for EDC. It isn’t a difficult task.. at least I didn’t think it would be.

Sorry if I offended anyone by not allowing multiple choices so that they can select every size they ever carry, but the idea of this poll is to pick just one.

Thank you for understanding :)

Same here. Guess some people find that hard to understand. Oh well, more knives for the rest of us! Main folder is always 3.5"-4" but between a fixed blade, MT, SAK, and Classic on my keys, I've got blades of all sizes on me daily. And yes, they all see use!

ErN8rY5h.jpg

ZluC8WJh.jpg

sKporavh.jpg

g0dn5LVh.jpg

Y7eKSbKh.jpg
Wow, that’s a beautiful BK-15. Thought it was custom knife. Awesome scales too.

Almost all my carry knives are in the 3 1/4-3 1/2" range. I don't really like anything bigger, although I don't have a problem going alittle smaller, like to the Native 5.

I didn't count for a while. This is just a quick guess from this morning. No idea why the limit to 4" in this thread (OP doesn't mention folder or fixed), and no idea what perfect means.

i-S3vGPBn-X2.jpg

Definitely like them shorter than many here :)

i-GxhP8Jv-X3.jpg

I didn't count for a while. This is just a quick guess from this morning. No idea why the limit to 4" in this thread (OP doesn't mention folder or fixed), and no idea what perfect means.

i-S3vGPBn-X2.jpg

I love that you've got a spreadsheet and a bargraph. That's dedication to the collection.

What are the two outlier blades? I'm assuming the 12 in. is the one in the pic?

For the sake of data analysis it would be cool to let people chose their minimum and maximum values from an interval. Then you could plot blade length vs density of respondents. Too bad the forum poll options aren't quite that fancy

You could get a decent approximation though by making the intervals smaller and allowing users to select multiple answers.

For the sake of data analysis it would be cool to let people chose their minimum and maximum values from an interval. Then you could plot blade length vs density of respondents. Too bad the forum poll options aren't quite that fancy

You could get a decent approximation though by making the intervals smaller and allowing users to select multiple answers.
For this one, I just want the #1 choice. There are lots of ways to run a poll question. This is the way I’ve chosen.

Most of the time 3.25-3.5 is sufficient but there’s times I need a 3.75 + for some bigger stuff. I also carry a 303 with a 2.5 inch main blade that comes in handy. Two is the same as one for me and three is like two. Lol

Back