What SOGs do you own?????

IMG_3093.jpg

SEAL 2000 (early version with 440A steel)
Tsunami (early version with leather sheath)
X-42 Recondo (black Ti-Ni)
Tomcat
Outline

SMCA Tigershark
Dessert Dagger
EDMWA Government
Tech 1 (fixed blade)
Pentagon folder
Seal 2000

A co-worker of mine had the titanium version of the X-Ray Vision. I'd never heard of the SOG brand before. The knife looked seriously impressive, based on the hardware and blade design, the matte finish steel with tanto inspired shape, plus the rapid deployment and retraction he demonstrated. He then handed it to me. It had a lighter heft to it than I expected, but it still felt substantial. I moved the blade out by pushing my thumb on the stud, swinging it into locked position. So smooth! I was immediately taken by it.

I'm not a blade aficionado, so I don't have experience with many different knife brands. But I've been to stores and tried a handful. They were nice, but that SOG X-Ray Vision still kept calling to me. I decided I'd get one with the Zytel handles (quite a bit cheaper). I liked it so much, I got a 2nd one.

So, my SOG collection right now: X-Ray Vision (x2). I do plan to try out a few other models too.

I have a Sog Northwestern. Great teardrop handle and the knife can go in the sheath blade out or blade in. I am a lefty.

I've got a used but great condition SOG Vulcan Tanto VL-03 on the way. I'm eager to see how it compares to my X-Ray Vision XV-71. I did see some complaints about the Vulcan, but later production versions seem to be fairing better. A few well done video reviews on YouTube report very happy owners. Looks like a great intermediate level SOG folder, with fine quality and performance coming close to higher priced models like the Tomcat.

Vulcan has arrived. I am very happy with it. A noticeable step up from the X-Ray Vision. Just a gorgeous functional piece all around. Surprisingly the GRN handles are quite nice, definitely better than the Zytel handles on the older Vision (newer one is supposed to be GRN, but it looks the same as the old one). I'd read of some people complaining about them but I can't see why.

Last edited:
I have a SOG S1T Bowie 2.0 that is serial numbered 025 and made specifically for 5th Special Forces GRP. Any guesses on it's value? Because, I have no clue. It's in mint condition, still in the box, with sheath.

I own a bunch myself Chris. My most recent is the Creed. Awesome knife. I've used it for building small shelters to skinning and quartering big game. Great knife,, Great design.

Currently EDCing my SOG Twitch 2 in all black that I bought a whiles ago. I carry this blade primarily at school since it is small, thin, and I don't rage if I lose it.

My current SOG knives:

Aegis
Flash II
Twitch XL Tanto
Twitch II
Vulcan
Mini Vulcan

Tech1 & tech 2 Bowie originals.
Gov agent.
Tsunami,
Trident 2
Seal (seki)
Northwest Ranger,
Pentegon, Pentagon2 , Elite & Spec elite.
Vulcan fixed & folders.
Tomcat & sogwinder original.
Sog fusion, Fast hawk.
Trident tanto,
Xray, Xray vision,

Back