Off Topic What song are you listening to?

You guys are making me feel ANCIENT!:confused:

Good music transcends age.

Funny thing is if people take the music of their own generation with them to nursing homes my generation will be blasting the PA system with Slayer, Morbid Angel, Alice in Chains, Kyuss Mastadon, Nirvana, Sepultura, Decide, Bolt Thrower, Black Flag, Slipknot...... etc.

You guys are making me feel ANCIENT!:confused:

A935F9C9-7BFE-4C95-97AB-48064971E69F.jpeg

:D :D :D

Klink, please share some of what you enjoy. I’m sure I’m not the only one who also likes music from all eras. I was probably the only teenager in my high school that had the Elvis, Beatles, Animals, and Doors etc in the CD binder. If you go back farther than that I’d love to have a listen too.

Good music transcends age.

Funny thing is if people take the music of their own generation with them to nursing homes my generation will be blasting the PA system with Slayer, Morbid Angel, Alice in Chains, Kyuss Mastadon, Nirvana, Sepultura, Decide, Bolt Thrower, Black Flag, Slipknot...... etc.

Right? And a big stack of Marshall’s just rattling the windows for the Thursday afternoon mosh pit!

*from the PA system*

”Attention all maggots heading to tonights Slipknot themed mosh pit, there are no Rascal scooters allowed in the pit. Walkers and canes only. A quick reminder to remove your dentures if you plan on crowdsurfing. Arrrrrrrrre yuuuooooo rrrrrrrreeeeeeadddyy!”

LMFAO!! Hahaha

Last edited:
I've heard lots Children of Bodom, but have been picking through all the others you named and there's not much that I don't like. I am definitely a fan of A Wilhelm Scream now, can't believe I hadn't come across them before. At this rate I'll have another 5k songs in my library by the end of the month.

Thats awesome! Yeah A Wilhelm Scream is criminally underrated in my opinion (they've been my favorite band for over 10 years).
I grew up mainly listening to punk bands like NOFX. NOFX's The Decline was the first album I ever bought on vinyl (btw I bought that Transplants album when it came out lol)
Some other favorites I have to mention are Dillinger Four, None More Black, Lagwagon, and Strung Out. (they all were on Fat Wreck Chords (Fat Mike of NOFX's record label)

Speaking of older stuff, I named my first dog after Nico. (The Velvet Underground's debut was titled The Velvet Underground & Nico, the one with the Andy Warhol Banana cover)
Gotta throw in a song by The Knife considering were on bladeforums :)

Houla....I use to be and say the same exact thing brother....then I was watching ACal and Upchurch videos on YouTube and found out they were Country Rappers.....well....that started it for me....some of the other gangs suck for sure....
And the Dirt Road Dollars....yea....love that S%#t too bro.

Any of y'all ever heard of Tove Lo? She is awesome for sure! Her videos Rock!
And live concerts......oh wow!
I have a thing for New Age female vocalists.

Back