1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Dec 14 !

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Dec 15 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 49 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10 + Prize Pack , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

What the heck is this category?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Vonderek, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Vonderek

Vonderek

Dec 30, 2005
    I am all for innovation and keeping things new and fresh but a recent email from a web retailer has left me scratching my head. What exactly is "Urban Tactical Kitchen Knives"?

2. stabman

stabman Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 17, 2007
    It is a way to try and sell more knives. :)
    That is all.

3. Dangerously

Dangerously

Jan 8, 2013
    What is "the only interesting knife you're allowed to buy in the U.K."?

I'll take Knives for 400 please, Alex.

4. marcinek

marcinek Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Pfft. Forget them. What you want is a "Bushcraft Zombie Hard Use Titanium Urban Tactical Kitchen Frame Lock Flipper Knife."

5. JR88FAN

JR88FAN

May 5, 2013
    Considering the overwhelming majority of crimes involving a knife are kitchen knives, the "Tactical" thing might actually make sense for a change....

6. palonej

palonej Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 5, 2015
    I just ordered the one with the bright green and splash of blood paint job!!! It was promised I will be the most tacticoolest ninja on my block!!!
    [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
    Joe

7. Shorttime

Shorttime

Oct 16, 2011
    I have nothing to add beyond pure speculation, but I subscribed to this thread, because now I want to know what happens....

8. Velitrius

Velitrius Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Trace Rinaldi made the TTKK, or Talmadge Tactical Kitchen Knife. A collaborative effort with Joe Talmadge

Always wanted one, but the cash outlay was a bit high for me. Maybe some day.

Tactical makes it more awesome. Just like flames on the hood of the car make it faster.

9. palonej

palonej Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Tactical makes it more awesome. Just like flames on the hood of the car make it faster.[/QUOTE]

Ummmmmm YEAH!!! Everybody knows that!!
    [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]
    Joe

10. Shorttime

Shorttime

Oct 16, 2011
    Um, okay. So it kind of crosses over into what is sometimes called a "camp knife"?

Modern materials (as opposed to a wood or bone handle), high grind or full grind, with a spear point and a gradual curve. Has a bias toward slicing, but made with the possibility in mind that it may be used for some wood- or game-processing.

11. bt93

bt93

May 12, 2015
    I think it would match up well with my Zombie Kill can opener and my Combat potato peeler.

12. singularity35

singularity35

Mar 1, 2010
    A black coated kitchen knife with large white letters on it, what else?

13. katanas

katanas

Jan 6, 2012
    I believe you are all missing a VERY important point. What if you are attacked in your kitchen while cutting vegetables? :eek: NOW what? This line of knives fills a desperately needed niche. ;)

14. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    Most knife homicides are by "kitchen" knife, so ya' gots ta be ready.

(And it's flames on the rocker panels that make a car faster. :p)

15. BladeLover777

BladeLover777

Nov 16, 2015
    :thumbup:
    All these little jokes are making my day. :)

16. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    When the long awaited great vegetable rebellion comes-will you be prepared? :)

17. wensynch

wensynch

Apr 30, 2016
    Huh. Some really good explanations here for what tactical stands for. Think I'm starting to get it.

What next? Pink embellished kitchen knife with rhinestones? Sequins? Prada and LV offered knives? Heel knives. Knife jewelry? Fur knife?

Hmm.. think I've got another plan to rule the world! A whole new market here: knives tailored to teh ladies. Genius!

On second thought, double edged sword again? Another man room shut down? Noooo..

Kidding. Please don't stab me, Jill and Cowboylady.

18. wensynch

wensynch

Apr 30, 2016
    Doh. Nevermind.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]