What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

JbX9LCL.jpg
I wish I'd stepped on that sort of spike yesterday. It wouldn't have penetrated my shoe.
Yes! They are my notes for implementing the rotations to transform east, north, up coordinates on a local tangent plane to x,y,z coordinates in an earth-centered, earth-fixed system, and the inverse. I could go on and on about how and why I use it, but I will spare everybody that.
https://gssc.esa.int/navipedia/index.php/Transformations_between_ECEF_and_ENU_coordinates
Thought so.

I've had this orange bone Rough Rider stockman for 5 or so years, carried and used from time to time. Had it in the pocket for the past 3 days and I should carry it more often, it really is a nice knife. The only flaw I can detect is a very minor and only slightly visible area of blade rub on one blade only. Carried today with a Heritage jack in rosewood.
I've been away from this thread a few days so playing catch up, good to see so many post and fine knives showing up here daily. 👍View attachment 1646426
That RR looks like it has aged nicely :) Nicely paired with the Heritage Jack :thumbsup:
A real nice combo to have with you, Jack!😎👍

Today's carry...
u1RiKB6.jpg
Thanks pal, that is a GREAT combination :cool: I carried a Mauser Officer's Knife (basically a GAK with an extra blade) for around 10 years :thumbsup:
Great to see the Guardians ebony lambsfoot, Jack, and that Polish knife is very interesting! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Notable pair of knives on their own merit, Jack, but adding the sentimental connections takes them to an irreplaceable level! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Many thanks for the kind words Gary, you just reminded to go and put another coat of tung oil on the Gerlach. I don't do a lot with any of my knives, apart from sharpen them, and oil them very occasionally, but I thought the covers on that knife were a little dried out. Been soaking up the tung oil! :D
HAPPY FRIDAY! this trio to get me through to the weekend! Have a good day everyone! View attachment 1646572
Wow, nice stag! :cool: :thumbsup:
I wish I'd stepped on that sort of spike yesterday. It wouldn't have penetrated my shoe.
I hope you're OK today Jer :thumbsup:

I'm a bit late posting today, as I went out for coffee with my mate. I like my knives like I like my coffee! :D ;) :thumbsup:

qkVwFBH.jpg

Had to be a good day with that pair, Todd! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
I'd have a hard time kicking a lambsfoot and a chestnut jigged mini trapper out of my pocket.

- GT
Thanks Gary, didn’t cut much other than my apple, but the action on both these knives is very satisfying and a good was to release a little stress during my prep period. 😄👍
HAPPY FRIDAY! this trio to get me through to the weekend! Have a good day everyone! View attachment 1646572
😳😳😳❤️❤️❤️👍👍👍
Translation: Me likey!
Fantastic seas165 😊👍

KA-BAR Whaler, and a Schrade USA 77OT Improved Muskrat ~ a thoughtful gift from Old Hunter Old Hunter ~ for me today.ABECE8EC-02A5-45F3-8B88-DC4A0B6C7765.jpeg88B5AF42-E789-4545-8EA4-96E0CA347471.jpegPoor man’s version of the newest GEC release. The sweaty drama of placing my order for the Blade Forums knife was enough for me.:eek::D

Here’s a shot of the KA-BAR with the 2019 86 framed Forum knife:98D2ACE3-9968-4982-A16F-3343ED5CD327.jpegthe KA-BAR is just a bit longer, and is swaybacked, but it’s close enough. It’s a wonderful combination of size, blade configuration, and solidity that i can see why so many of you are liking that new Angus!

Back