What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Every inch of land here is privately owned, so for most of the country access is very limited. Stiles are often badly maintained, covered in barbed-wire, or missing altogether, and they can be downright dangerous, as I found out just before Christmas when a badly broken stile caused me to injure my back, and I was in agony over the holiday. If I hadn't had my walking staff with me, it could have been a lot worse :(

I would love to wander like that :) :thumbsup:

:(:mad:

Thank you very kindly, Jack!!! :)

Quite an interesting and unusual "Metal Monday" jack to pair with your Hartshead Barlow beauty; you have quite a cool collection, Jack! :cool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
That's very kind of you JJ, I'm not sure I've carried the Brazilian before :) :thumbsup:
These two ended up in my pocket today. :)
A choice pair there my friend, very nice indeed :) :thumbsup:

This necessitated more than one emoji.

Every inch of land here is privately owned, so for most of the country access is very limited.
:(
Stiles are often badly maintained, covered in barbed-wire, or missing altogether, and they can be downright dangerous, as I found out just before Christmas when a badly broken stile caused me to injure my back, and I was in agony over the holiday.
☹️ :mad:
I would love to wander like that :) :thumbsup:

😁:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yi9WMMq.jpg
The weather is beautiful today, sunny and temperate, so I’ve been strolling around my neighborhood taking it all in.

While I was at it, I figured I might as well drop by the bakery…oh, and the Thai restaurant…and a donut shop, etc - pretty soon, I had a full bag of produce and fresh (crusty and warm!) bread! Luckily I had this 33 around to cut the cheese into slices for a sandwich!

That is a Victorinox, Harry. I know you’re not usually a Swiss Army Knife toter, but you’d probably like this size. They have had a bit of trouble deciding what to call this one. It was the Walker, then the Picnicker~ or vice versa.
It’s only two layers, so it’s slim and carries well.

View attachment 1648775
Here’s a pic off the web of the big Wenger Ranger I have. They made a bunch of variations, but this one suits me. It’s two layers, EDIT: three layers! and 130mm long. Best for sheath carry if you like skinny pants. The saw on this one is big enough to actually be useful. I’ve used it to free my chainsaw blade when “in a pinch”.

The company picnic was really nice, highlighted for Vickie when she was introducing me to the owner, and he told her “wow, you’re really doing great!”
I decided that maybe I should carry this around the house today . It is a Wenger that Nancy bought me sometime back . It is well made and has a lot of features that many of you folks will know more about than I do . It has 7 type of blades plus the typical Tweezers and Toothpick . They call it the BACKPACKER , but I have never even carried it on a Walk .

Harry

Back