What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I hope you and your trusty bonestag 73 had an enjoyable weekend away, Will! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Gus & JJ, you gents are Robeson royalty, Reyes de Robeson! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I appreciate the kind words about that clip/sheep 93OT jack, John & Sacto & Jeff. :)
I won that in a GAW from a BF member who lived in Sardinia, I think. I was in Spain to visit my daughter in Madrid at the time, and he had business in Madrid, and wondered if we could meet to exchange the knife. But by the time I found out his plans, my daughter had taken me to Sevilla (and then Granada), so the meeting couldn't happen.

Very pleasant pair, Todd! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Fab Five, Jer! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Accurate characterization of cancer, Jeff, and unlike the killer coronavirus, there's almost nothing we can do to prevent most cancer. :mad:
Glad you can help him out with the garlic and other gardening. :thumbsup::cool::cool:

That's become my approach, too, Jeff. :rolleyes:;)
I've caught my toe on uneven sidewalks a couple of times in the past year, and it sent me pitching forward. But both times I managed to get my hands out in front of me as I went down, and instead of a faceplant, I absorbed the impact by letting my arms bend at the elbows and then did a pushup back to my feet. I'm sure passersby were wondering, "Why did that geezer do a single pushup in the middle of his brisk walk??" 🤓

Congrats on the new knife and the rain! It looks to me like the ground between your knife and the cattle already is a little greener than it often is in your pics! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Dennis; great to see you stopping by with that notable pair of wood-handled knives! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I can relate to Eleanor's behavior, Barrett! 🤓 As I wander around various neighborhoods in my daily walks, I construct a list of places that I may like to use later for knife photos.

I don't know what's drawing you (or Dylan) to that Angus Jack, but I know that I really enjoy using a knife with a big sheepsfoot blade and a thick roundish handle. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jack, if I didn't have my weekly rotation schedule, I think the majority of my knives wouldn't get carried very often. o_O
Sounds like you have a fruitful neighborhood! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I've got to remember to get that Lambsfoot "adventure" posted.
Thanks, as always, for your encouraging words. 🤓

Always a treat to see one of those stag ACs, and the yellow Sodbuster is a classic! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Beautiful bone bonanza, Mike! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

I intentionally deleted your F-words (frost), Jeff; not ready to face the facts yet. o_O
Really like that worn red Pioneer; I have one that's a little newer than yours but looks quite similar and is a favorite! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Totally agree, John & Jon & Todd. There are a lot of knives I like, but only a handful that take my breath away every time I see them, and that chestnut jigged CV Swayback Jack is one of the breathtaking ones for me! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Phenomenal pair, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Splendid Farmer X, GP!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
I have to decide whether I prefer a Pioneer X or a Farmer X and then order it so my wife has something to give me for Christmas! 😁

- GT
Thanks GT. I did have a grand time-mainly in front of the stove as the weather was torrential rain and mud-bath outside. We await the freeze to harden up the tracks. The Cat kept us entertained -NOT- by bagging a large haul of rodents, some of which she brought in alive to chase about in the warm before devouring the poor things...not for the faint of heart....

#86 Angus Jack
YFUfpTf.jpg

This one has been in my pocket since it arrived via a very kind member who reached out to me and offered it at cost:thumbsup::cool:

xUkrjpk.jpg

This knife feels like an old friend already, and I believe it will ride in my pocket for many years to come. It has my favorite steel which GEC has been stingy to use, it is thin and light in the pocket, yet large enough for my big hands. And the action is about as perfect as it gets. The edge isn't as keen as it could be, but pretty darn good for a factory edge, I'm going to just use it as is until it needs to visit the stones...

This one has been in my pocket since it arrived via a very kind member who reached out to me and offered it at cost:thumbsup::cool:

xUkrjpk.jpg

This knife feels like an old friend already, and I believe it will ride in my pocket for many years to come. It has my favorite steel which GEC has been stingy to use, it is thin and light in the pocket, yet large enough for my big hands. And the action is about as perfect as it gets. The edge isn't as keen as it could be, but pretty darn good for a factory edge, I'm going to just use it as is until it needs to visit the stones...
It does look good,I cant wait for mine to arrive in England in a trade from the USA.
I will definitely be using mine,I like the bolster and its position.

Back