What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

qYNd45b.jpg

Cindy will be heading up to Klamath Falls, Oregon in a bit with her Sister-in-Law for her Sister-in-Law's doctors appointment and then some Christmas shopping. This will be the first time Cindy is leaving me for a whole day since I had my jaw cancer surgery and some minor follow-up surgeries a year and a half or so ago. BUT "not to worry" !!!! Cindy is fixing me some eggs and sausage as I'm typing this and I've laid out a mouth watering lunch with all the food groups I'll need while she's gone. You'll see that I've broken out one of my Case Sod Buster Jr. knives to use throughout the day. After all, what better knife can there be to spread peanut butter than a Sod Buster Jr.? Boy oh boy - I'm really looking forward to a mid-afternoon sardine snack !!!0 Case Lunch .jpg

I’m glad the Byro is one of your favorites, because I like to look at it!
I love the blade shape. I’m curious if the maker calls it a drop point, or spear?
Hi,

I'm glad you like the Byro. It is my favorite pocket knife. I love this knife, its ergonomics, its nice touch and its general alignment. I love the work of Mathieu Callejon, a poetic knife maker who lets himself be carried away by the materials and the inspiration of the places where he is. I don't know how to answer your question about the shape of the blade, I'll ask him sometime.
Thank you and have a nice day.

P.S.: beautiful pictures of your knives again today. 😍

Almost looks like a beautiful galaxy. This is why carbon steel has my preference!
oEkNMIO.jpg
FZBiub3.jpg
Gorgeous Kevin :cool: :thumbsup:

A gift for a mate I'm test driving before handing him it after some work on it. Lovely n thin behind the edge.
Nice Butler Ed :cool: :thumbsup:
Hope your week is off to a good start, Jack. Good pair to start it with. 🤠 :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot buddy :) :thumbsup:
Happy Monday All.
The weekend flew by way too fast.
Felt like starting my day with the Case/Bose Norfolk.
That's a classy knife to start the week with :) Hope you have a good one :thumbsup:

Same here Harry. I have a soft spot for the pattern because it’s one of the first knives I remember owning as a kid. I also have memories of my grandmother’s fishing knife, which she left to me when she passed 45 years ago. You can still read her note on the box. 😊View attachment 1695896
I love that story! A toothpick was one of the first knives I had as a boy, as well -- my Dad gave me a fishing knife from L.L. Bean that I used for many, many years. Yellow -- with a fish scaler/hook disgorger in addition to the main blade (and with a hook sharpener attached to one of the scales). I lost track of it along the way (although, maybe it's in an unpacked box somewhere), but it sure brings back some incredible memories of fishing with my Dad.

That knife from your grandmother is really something special.

Cheers,
Jim

I love that story! A toothpick was one of the first knives I had as a boy, as well -- my Dad gave me a fishing knife from L.L. Bean that I used for many, many years. Yellow -- with a fish scaler/hook disgorger in addition to the main blade (and with a hook sharpener attached to one of the scales). I lost track of it along the way (although, maybe it's in an unpacked box somewhere), but it sure brings back some incredible memories of fishing with my Dad.

That knife from your grandmother is really something special.

Cheers,
Jim
Thanks Jim, mine was a yellow “fish” knife also, although it wasn’t a Bean. It was also lost somewhere along the way.
Yep, Grandma was special, just like your dad.
-Todd

Back