What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

We drove over to Brodhead , Wisconsin today to go to our favorite Cheese Factory to get some Stettler Swiss and mixed Munster and Cheddar Curds , and have a great cheese sandwich . First time we have been there for over a year . Decatur Dairy

This is the view of the area immediately around the cheese factory . Just a small factory out in the country . 3 miles west of Brodhead .

Knife Content : Todays Carry : Northfield Stag 47 and 77 Barlow

Harry

Edited to add : They also have some great Ice Cream

Sounds like a nice day, Harry. I enjoy a good cheese curd — especially when fried! 😉😁

Many thanks indeed :cool: The Churchill was a much talked about drooled over knife a while back but since then it appears to have dropped off the 'Trendometer' and seems to have fallen into neglect, odd ;) It's a good practical pattern, broad handle & blade yet not bulky being single-spring, useful Sheepfoot secondary for a change. The Cougar Claw is rather like Bonestag crossed with Winterbottom, this one affords good grip as it's deeply grooved with the jigging going directly into the bolsters, no grind off.

Regards, Will

Funny how some patterns that are must-haves when they drop are rarely mentioned after the fact. Those Cougar Claw Churchills are really nice looking; I opted for the Ebony instead at the time, to contrast the jigged bone on the 2016 BF #35 (which I think might still be my favorite forum knife, at least of the ones I’ve been around for). In hindsight, of course, I probably should’ve grabbed a Cougar Claw as well. 😁

After a brief reversion for Wooden Wednesday, I’ve got the two-tone #44 back with me today.

H8t6erE.jpg

Very nice Jeremy, those White Owls offer a good blade selection. Do I sense a theme here with those knife slips ;) :)

I like these 49/94's with their different cover options, I like the size and especially the amount of blade packed into the frame. I think in the future a pen or coping blade secondary would be nice. Here's my new to me Blue paired with a favorite 84mm SAK.
R19wx0.jpg
Thanks Paul, I agree. I also like the jigging pattern on the bone, it is unlike any I've seen. I'm not sure what theme you are thinking of but I am trying to use slips solely made by members here that I have received.

I like the coloring of your blue camel 94, it is very nice.
Carrying my favorite 78 today along with my favorite pocket worn Case. I hope everyone has a nice Thursday!

3fqh7fK.jpg
Wow Ross, I can see why that 78 is your favorite. 🔥

Thanks Paul, I agree. I also like the jigging pattern on the bone, it is unlike any I've seen. I'm not sure what theme you are thinking of but I am trying to use slips solely made by members here that I have received.

I like the coloring of your blue camel 94, it is very nice.

Wow Ross, I can see why that 78 is your favorite. 🔥
Thanks Jeremy about the color, I'm glad it came more on the dark side. I had just noticed more and more of John's slips he graciously gives away, which I'm am fortunate to own. I carry my Bladeforum Barlow in. I had seen John's, Todd's and then yours :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot JJ :) :thumbsup:

Fabulous pair Rachel :) :thumbsup:

I love the smell of juniper in the morning! :D Delightful duo JJ :cool: :thumbsup:

Congratulations Dan :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Nice trip Harry :) Did you pass TCOTI by any chance? :thumbsup:

Looking good Taylor :cool: :thumbsup:

Great brace John :) :thumbsup:

Thank you kindly Gary :D :) :thumbsup:

Handsome pair Joshua :) :thumbsup:

Just a Big 'Un for me today ;) :thumbsup:

i1uYPbX.jpg
I am assuming that TCOTI indicates The Car On The Ice . We have been watching for it , but so far they have not put the car on the ice yet and I am starting to believe that they may not be doing it this year . VERY DISAPPOINTED TOO .

Harry

Thanks Jeremy about the color, I'm glad it came more on the dark side. I had just noticed more and more of John's slips he graciously gives away, which I'm am fortunate to own. I carry my Bladeforum Barlow in. I had seen John's, Todd's and then yours :thumbsup:
I’m seeing more of them in pictures lately. John’s craftsmanship is only exceeded by his generosity.

Back