What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Lv8HXDo.jpg

And on a Thrifty Thursday evening ... pulled out this carbon steel "throwaway knife" survivor from the late 50's to early 70's ... to give it some luvs.
I've mostly always thought of Richards as being as British as Plum Pudding. But Richardz got their start in Germany around 1900.
Moving to Sheffield England and taking the Lamppost trademark with them, they changed the 'Z' to an 'S' in the late 1930's.

Richards Lamppost 3 Button

NYB18aW.jpeg

ZC3RzKJ.jpeg

Case Knife of the Week is a 1975 red bone canoe:

Colonial/Imperial/Schrade Knife of the Week is a Colonial Forest-Master, my first pocketknife (and essentially my only one from 1960 to 2014):

- GT
The red bone Case Canoe has the canoest blade etch.
QUESTION:
Does that equal "CV" or "CS" blades?

I don't know if they (Case) ever put him on a True Sharp blade.
I don't think they (Case) have. However, I am far from being an "expert" in the subject. 😇

The red bone Case Canoe has the canoest blade etch.
QUESTION:
Does that equal "CV" or "CS" blades?

I don't know if they (Case) ever put him on a True Sharp blade.
I don't think they (Case) have. However, I am far from being an "expert" in the subject. 😇
I'm no expert either, and haven't seen mass quantities of Case canoes, but I've only seen the etch on non-stainless blades.
I did a Google search asking "Is Case knives Native American canoe etch ever used on stainless blades?" and one of the threads that came up is linked below. It includes posts by Old Hunter Old Hunter , who I think knows a lot about Case knives, and by an AAPK member knifeaholic, who is the author of an authoritative book on Case knives. They confirm your conjecture.
https://allaboutpocketknives.com/knife_forum/viewtopic.php?p=283171

Back