What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

xSzqfz7.jpeg
What's the acrylic called on your 39,fairly sure it's an sfo

Haven't fished for years. Gathered up all my new, unused, fishing gear - rods, reels, lures, hooks, sinkers, you name it and am taking it all to my barber in town. He's an avid fisherman, has two boys that love to fish so, all the gear will go to good use. This Buck 501 Squire will be my carry during this adventure. No breakfast - saving room for lunch at the Wagon Wheel Cafe.

Awesome gesture. Sounds like it is going to good homes.
Otter three-rivet knife

What are the fruits?

On the way to Down East Maine for my annual
landlocked salmon and smallmouth bass fishing trip with my son. Forgot to pack knives (duh?), but luckily a Cabela’s and LL Bean were nearby. A Buck 102 Woodsman Pro and an LL Bean Victorinox Huntsman along with a Streamlight Wedge flashlight.

IMG_5252.jpeg

On the way to Down East Maine for my annual
landlocked salmon and smallmouth bass fishing trip with my son. Forgot to pack knives (duh?), but luckily a Cabela’s and LL Bean were nearby. A Buck 102 Woodsman Pro and an LL Bean Victorinox Huntsman along with a Streamlight Wedge flashlight.

View attachment 2577459
That sounds like the perfect reason for new knives. Stay safe and have fun!

Very nice example of his work.👌
I couldn’t agree more. This is his prototype Lanny’s clip, but it’s essentially perfect in function. He’s done some great things with that pattern but it’s kind of special to me to own the first one. I’m looking forward to seeing him at Blade Show and checking out his table.

That's some nice stag on that White Owl! It has the same color tones as an actual cigar 😉

I wish those were more available...☹️ That's an awesome pattern, I like the white & cloud shield on yours 👍

Great pair up & nice pics! Looks like y'all are having a good time 👍
Thanks Zach. Trying to soak up all SC has to offer. Good to be out of the upstate for just a bit.

Glad you finally tracked one down Will. I've come around to your point of view on liners, steel > brass. Wish GEC would do more but I think it's off the menu? Spear in understated style, good sir!

Oh I am! Took me a minute to decide to carry the acrylic, but no regrets and thanks again.

Probably Dave doesn't want the work of managing it? He's awful busy for a "retired" guy. I second the notion, though. Maybe if we volunteer to help a bit? More Horsewright is never wrong!

Thank you Chris! I feel like I'm cheating on the Osage, but maybe she'll forgive me since it's her sister? Oh, probably not...
I was thinking we all would enjoy a thread that was similar to the thread we have for Albers Cutlery. It takes no effort from Eric, but Eric does post from time to time.

It would be cool to have a place where Horsewright knives are posted. Dave posts some killer update photos but they end up on various threads and they get lost in the shuffle sometimes. It would be cool to have a timeline history if his stuff.

I may just start it, even though I’m not an owner 😊.

Back