What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

On an overcast, mundane Monday, I decided to go with the flow and pick out a couple of knives that don't get to see the light (weak or not) of day very much. They are just "too ordinary" to show off to my buddies, though they do cut what i need them to cut without protest. They did not get much love before I got them (nor much since). I guess we all have a few like this. In any event, I'm letting these two out today. A Fight'n Rooster half hawkbill from 1977-1981 and an Imperial whittler from 1936-1952.

7tj7KdZ.jpg

- Stuart

Last edited:
@r8shell Here's to a Happy Birthday with wishes for many, many more happy ones.
- Stuart
p.s. My goal is to live to celebrate 150 years - or die trying. Right now, I'm happy being vertical.

Thank you very much my friend, lovely ebony and ivory combo there :) :thumbsup:

I like the contrasting colors almost as much as the matching covers you've displayed recently, Dylan! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Thanks for the compliment on my knives. :)

Thank you, gents, for the compliments. I hope the Monday is treating you well so far.

Thank you very much my friend :)

My big and small Lambsfoot combo today :thumbsup:

Wonderful combo today, Jack. That stag is truly something else.

Today, I'm older than I've ever been.

View attachment 825578

Happy birthday! I hope you have a most excellent celebration.

Carrying these two today. Representative of my two favorite blade shapes and probably my ideal working size.

dxNb0So.jpg

Today, I'm older than I've ever been.

View attachment 825578

Happy Birthday! :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, gents, for the compliments. I hope the Monday is treating you well so far.

Wonderful combo today, Jack. That stag is truly something else.

Happy birthday! I hope you have a most excellent celebration.

Carrying these two today. Representative of my two favorite blade shapes and probably my ideal working size.

dxNb0So.jpg

Thank you very much my friend, what a delightful duo :) :thumbsup:

Tell me more about the Lloyd, please.
the Lloyd came to me from an epic GAW right here hosted by Chief Chief , it was the last of the three knives offered to be chosen by the winners. It has ivory covers , is 5-7/8" open, with a half stop. It amazes me still the preciseness of its build, with the spring perfectly flush in all three positions. I don't recall the blade steel.

Thanks. I've recently bought several of John Lloyd's knives and that one is awful nice (as they all are). No surprise coming from Chief Chief either. The steel on mine are 52100.

Back