What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I thought you might recognize that album, that is Stations of the Crass.
The Moore Make will be on regular rotation for sure but I couldn't refuse the call of the Lambsfoot.
I hope that sun gets back to shinning.

I wasn't a fan to be honest, I always found Penny Rimbaud (bumped into him a couple of years back), pretentious and rather self-obsessed, but I had friends who liked them. I didn't mind The Poison Girls :D
Good man :) Thanks :thumbsup:

One of these knives has a beautiful patina. The other knife needs far more work.

APrusZsh.jpg

Buzz it sure has been a pleasure watching your 43 evolve.

5th day straight...loving this one so far!

View attachment 892979

That knife really does scream to be used. I’ve enjoyed reading your musings about it on the other thread!

Well I spent a good hour last night trying to catch up on everything here while I was away. I’m not going to try to comment on everything that caught my eye because I don’t think any of us have time for that. Suffice to say that it’s an honor to belong to a community with so much beautiful cutlery.

I came back from Texas to find three new knives (which I’ll be showing over the next few days) and, thankfully, springtime here in northern Idaho.

We’re saving the best for first, my new Lick Creek Boy’s Knife dressed up in ebony.

u7tzfAB.jpg

G94P3hs.jpg

Last edited:
Been gone since Friday. Boy, do I have some catching up to do!!! I have these two with me today, a couple of the youngest Queens that I own: model 38B stockman (1976) and model 70 Country Cousin (1978).

IkRuH1Y.jpg

j0oSMe9.jpg

- Stuart

A nice pair of Black Beauties!

But you forgot something!
Fishing report!

Hope your filet knife got a workout.

But you forgot something!
Fishing report!

Hope your filet knife got a workout.

I wish that I had a more fulsome report, Jeff. The weather was gorgeous and we were running 12 rods. The sonar showed lots of fish holding down deep (30-50 feet). However, a cold front had passed through overnight and the fish stayed low, the bite just shut down. No one, charter boats or private guys like us, caught anything all weekend. Marine radio chatter was glum or grumpy. The internet fishing reports were like death notices - solemn and short. My Vic Electrician got a work-out trimming cigars and that was it. Maybe next week!
- Stuart

There are so many gorgeous knives that have been posted the last day or so! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

It gives me the itch too Gary ;) The Black Forest in Germany maybe :D For now....Milam County picking blackberries and communing with...

39829638880_c82c691865_b.jpg

41637364071_0ceff212bd_b.jpg

41637359901_aed2450b1d_b.jpg

27768659348_fbe8d6d347_b.jpg

41597673972_d1eb35ffa5_b.jpg

Love the scenery, Gev! :thumbsup:

Wow...love that Case, Dean ! I think I hear Joni Mitchell ;) Thanks my friend :)

Thanks, Gev! I'm on a Case kick for awhile; I have so many of them I decided to carry a few.

One of these knives has a beautiful patina. The other knife needs far more work.

APrusZsh.jpg

Great knives, Buzz! That Northfield will look even better once you get it "worked in."

More great photos, Gev! Some beautiful country, enhanced by your Continental. :thumbsup:

Today's knife is a Standard natural bone Senator that Case calls an Eisenhower.

Love the scenery, Gev! :thumbsup:

Thanks, Gev! I'm on a Case kick for awhile; I have so many of them I decided to carry a few.
More great photos, Gev! Some beautiful country, enhanced by your Continental. :thumbsup:

Today's knife is a Standard natural bone Senator that Case calls an Eisenhower.

Thank you for the fine compliments !!! I look forward to seeing all your Cases of Case!!! Love the Eisenhower

I wasn't a fan to be honest, I always found Penny Rimbaud (bumped into him a couple of years back), pretentious and rather self-obsessed, but I had friends who liked them. I didn't mind The Poison Girls :D
Good man :) Thanks :thumbsup:
WHAT? You don't like Crass?!!! ;) That's a bummer about Penny acting pretentious. I can see how that can be off putting. I am pretty sure I have a Poison Girls lp around here, I'll see if I can find it.

26791309377_9de09ab6ef_h.jpg

Back