What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I find it weird too, but it's also one of my favorite knives.
Ya, I like everything about it. The color is just right, etc. :D
I love seeing yours!

One of my favorites too.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here's my carry for the day!
The date on the ball says Sunday July 30 1922.

9Fntb44.jpg

I was blessed to have my friend Harry (old engineer) and his beautiful wife Nancy stop and visit today at our furniture store. They are headed west on vacation so to take the time to visit means so much to me:thumbsup: Thanks Harry and Nancy, your visit made my day:)
3qGFg7.jpg

Harry was packin heavy today and shared some amazing knives with me. Both Harry and I have discovered how nice the early Bulldog brand Barlows are. Harry had his green bone sheepfoot and when I saw it I told him I had a One armed razor in Stag do to arrive any day, well today was the day:thumbsup::cool: Thank you Lance for the heads up on the Barlow !!!
sNDRWf.jpg

QFTAE7.jpg

carried these 2 today as we went from Alexandria , Minn. to Dickinson , N. Dakota . I am using old photos .

I have promised some of you to try to post Pics of The Day while on our trip . We do not have vacations , we have trips remember .
First stop in N. Dakota was to see one of our , and yours , very good friend paulhilborn paulhilborn . It was really great to see him again and we had a decent , but too short , visit .

He had in the past posted a picture of a very long Railroad High Bridge and I wanted to see it .

During the drive we saw some cloud formations like I have never seen before .

We noticed that quite a few of the farmers were very proud of their old Thrash Machines , which were out-dated with the advent of Combines . They seemed to like to put them out by I-94 .

This is a Snow Blower headed to Idaho .

A rest stop east of Mandan , N. Dakota commemorating the only oil refinery in N. Dakota.

Suzy the Fiberglass Cow

Exit 72 on I-94 to Gladstone , N. Dakota goes to the Enchanted Highway . Someone has made some Giant Metal Sculptures .

This is what some of N. Dakota looks like . But to me , the picture is still missing so very much like , Sunflower , Soybeans , Wheat , Hay , Corn , and Sugar Beet fields.

Harry

Last edited:
I was blessed to have my friend Harry (old engineer) and his beautiful wife Nancy stop and visit today at our furniture store. They are headed west on vacation so to take the time to visit means so much to me:thumbsup: Thanks Harry and Nancy, your visit made my day:)
3qGFg7.jpg

Harry was packin heavy today and shared some amazing knives with me. Both Harry and I have discovered how nice the early Bulldog brand Barlows are. Harry had his green bone sheepfoot and when I saw it I told him I had a One armed razor in Stag do to arrive any day, well today was the day:thumbsup::cool: Thank you Lance for the heads up on the Barlow !!!
sNDRWf.jpg

QFTAE7.jpg
Wish I had been there to see that one my friend . That is some pretty nice Stag , even better than mine . Don't they just make you feel good ?????

Harry

Old Engineer Old Engineer paulhilborn paulhilborn Paul and Harry what a great visit you guys must have had. It made my day to see the photos of you guys and especially the one with Nancy. With her in the photo it even made you guys look classy! :D Harry and Nancy have a safe trip! Thanks for all the photos my friend! :)
We wish you and Pam could have been here too my friend .Thank you my friend for those nice words . I guess that is why I picked her out in 1956 . And we will certainly try to be safe !!! Think about 2020 Ron .

Harry

Old Engineer Old Engineer paulhilborn paulhilborn Paul and Harry what a great visit you guys must have had. It made my day to see the photos of you guys and especially the one with Nancy. With her in the photo it even made you guys look classy! :D Harry and Nancy have a safe trip! Thanks for all the photos my friend! :)
Lol Ron, WITHOUT A DOUBT my friend, Nanc is the key here:thumbsup::D Now I have to admit that Harry and I are a couple of good lookin, rugged manly men (yes I suffered a sever head injury early in life) but Nanc certainly classes us up immensely:eek::p

We wish you and Pam could have been here too my friend .Thank you my friend for those nice words . I guess that is why I picked her out in 1956 . And we will certainly try to be safe !!! Think about 2020 Ron .

Harry
We wish we could have been there too! Keep those photos coming my friend! We already made up our minds! ;) 2020 is happening my friend! :thumbsup::D

Lol Ron, WITHOUT A DOUBT my friend, Nanc is the key here:thumbsup::D Now I have to admit that Harry and I are a couple of good lookin, rugged manly men (yes I suffered a sever head injury early in life) but Nanc certainly classes us up immensely:eek::p
Well said my friend! ;) I know the time was short but it was most surely a great visit! That is a beautiful Stag you posted Paul. I know Harry will be jealous of that one! :D

I elected not to bring the 66 Calf Roper and instead brought along this Case from the Neverending GAW. Both knives have been with me but I have been too distracted by scenery and forget to take photos of the knives, so here they are in the hotel tonight.
25977_FA6-7_D4_A-4_E1_A-9_A4_E-_B98_FA53_F154_D.jpg

Here’s a photo of Bryce

A8_DBED38-_D60_C-43_E5-_B570-1_E97_A0294_B00.jpg

And the North rim of the Grand Canyon

4_BF10175-_D936-4_C5_A-8_F37-54_F36_CDE65_F3.jpg

You and Jack are fashionable fellows today! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Great choice my friend! :D :thumbsup:

Great pic Dylan :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, fellas, for the compliments.

Talking of Kabars, here's SOG's 1980's version of the USN Mk1 - The Government (lighting isn't very good in my kitchen right now I'm afraid) :thumbsup:

View attachment 984098

View attachment 984097

I always liked that particular model of SOG. A shame really that their quality has diminished so dramatically in these later years.

I was only carrying the Lambsfoot today until the new #14 arrived, then that one joined.

UZokRWi.jpg

Cool knife! :cool::thumbsup: I’m always partial to a nice drop point. What sort of pattern is that? Who’s the maker? Thanks for showing it.

I do not not know either of those, but am seeking information now elsewhere on BF. Anyone on the Porch have an opinion?

Two 1965-69 Case knives. 63047 Pretty Bone Stockman with California Clip and Stag Texas Jack. My Case knives have overtaken my GEC’s in numbers and pocket time!

Yep, that's my experience, too. Gorgeous knives, Leslie.

This IS what this thread is all about, I think. Thanks for sharing. We can use more of this fellowship. Well, I can

First stop in N. Dakota was to see one of our , and yours , very good friend paulhilborn paulhilborn . It was really great to see him again and we had a decent , but too short , visit .

This is what some of N. Dakota looks like . But to me , it is still missing so very much like , Sunflower , Soybeans , Wheat , Hay , Corn , and Sugar Beet fields.

Thanks, Harry. We have a great country and you (and many others) make it more accessible with your shared experiences. God bless America (and all of our friends on the Porch, Americans or not. A stranger's just a friend whom you haven't met yet.)

I must say, I am looking forward to seeing what cool old sowbelly you dig out.

Thanks. It will be a more prosaic BB Winchester, but I'll post it and proudly tote it.

- Stuart

I elected not to bring the 66 Calf Roper and instead brought along this Case from the Neverending GAW. Both knives have been with me but I have been too distracted by scenery and forget to take photos of the knives, so here they are in the hotel tonight.

Thanks for the virtual journey.
- Stuart

Back