What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Tidioute Thursday. Cold and windy.
hIJs04V.jpg

Working on the 33 today. Guess my daughter got into my shop and markers. That's OK, I love finding notes like this one.

Side note, today was the first drive of the 33. I'll put that video link up for those interested

3E832D4A-11FE-403B-A77A-53E987D0BB36.jpeg

Ignore the ugly dude driving.

Amazing! :cool::thumbsup::cool: What material is used for the handle?

- GT
Thanks, GT! To be honest, I don’t know much about the cover material. I just know I like it! It’s an acrylic, certainly, and it looks to have some strips of something metallic embedded inside. Sorry I can’t be more help. :oops:

Couple of classic Barlows, Randy; congrats! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I admire your focus on that pattern, and these are a pair of very cool bolster stamps with the red twins and yOur Very Best!

Congrats on the recent anniversary, Harry!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
(I could be celebrating my 58th if I'd got married when I was 9. :rolleyes::p)

That is sure a slender slicer, Chip! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I don't recognize the model, though. Some kind of GEC whittler?

Congrats on your new knife, Will! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I enjoyed your description of the knife.

That jigged bone lambsfoot is somewhat unusual on this forum; very nice, Senhor Pinto! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Captivating pic of some classy carries! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Jeff, you have both Form and Function covered with that pair! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Striking knife, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I need to get an edge like that on my chestnut jigged teardrop.

Butterscotch delight, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nice sentiment with the Russell carry, FBC. :thumbsup::thumbsup: And your ebony lambsfoot is a photogenic tool! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

My stockman this week is a Case pocket worn harvest orange humpback model (thanks, Mike):
GhPAKzQ.jpg

Miscellaneous knife this week is a Camillus Blac-Jaket muskrat:
WFRbiai.jpg

International knife this week is a Richartz knife with mult. table covers (thanks, Mark):
FVybQS1.jpg

Big Knife of the Week is a Sabre Daddy Barlow:
8F8JMpP.jpg

- GT
Nice looking stockman! :thumbsup::cool:

I’ve got a Big Jack with me today.
npeDzNN.jpg

Good choice on the reading material.Enjoyed his writings, Jim Wilson, Bill Jordan, & of course Elmer Keith.

This pair today
eRx86NF.jpg
Thanks. Great writers. Have a video of Bill Jordan's shooting. Impressive. But Skeeter was the best writer. Those books are good vacation reading, by the way.
Nice .22 Magnum revolver you have there. And knife. Is that called a "Texas Jack"?

Thanks. Great writers. Have a video of Bill Jordan's shooting. Impressive. But Skeeter was the best writer. Those books are good vacation reading, by the way.
Nice .22 Magnum revolver you have there. And knife. Is that called a "Texas Jack"?

It's a Beagle - 18 frame. think of a "chubby" Peanut

I haven't been on too much recently, but I still like traditional knives. (Although I've admitted to myself the practicality of pocket clips and one hand opening, not that I hadn't already been and continue to carry a modern and a traditional.)

I've been really enjoying this one the last couple days. Easy carry once I added an easy open notch for the spey blade and sanded down a ridge of stag on the pile side.

S0EkDshl.jpg

Although I do wish the nail nicks were a bit deeper.

They say I have Coke bottle glasses, and now I think I should look for some matching knives! ;) Couple of captivating Coke bottles, Stuart! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thank, GT.

Today's carry.

A picture is worth a thousand words. Dean. Well played, Sir.

A well worn beauty, Steve.

TC 14 today.

Great composition in that photo, Ken, and a fine pairing of knife and background. Good choice.

My stockman this week is a Case pocket worn harvest orange humpback model (thanks, Mike

Miscellaneous knife this week is a Camillus Blac-Jaket muskrat

Big Knife of the Week is a Sabre Daddy Barlow

Nice knives, GT. I am a fan of the Sabre line, but that Blac-Jacket is so cool. It made me wish that I still had my tuxedo handy.

I’ve had this ragtag pair in my pocket all morning!

Rags to riches, Ron.

Kutmaster

Cool covers, Nick.If I didn't know the story behind them, I'd swear they were the first weathered barn board covers I have ever seen.

I had a hankering to carry my long-neglected Abbeydale Jack today

I can see why, Jack. A subtle beauty in a soothing setting.

Great picture!

Boy, I must have gone to sleep at the keyboard. I posted this multi-quote with only one comment in it. My good buddy @Half/Stop even "liked" it without question or derision. Thanks, Ron; you must have been mystified.
- Stuart

Last edited:
Back