What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

This ones for you Ken as I see your a Buckeye fan. My son is a die hard Buckeye fan as well and he's still trying to recover from last week, I think you have a bye this week? I'm a die hard Irish fan so I feel your pain. My Irish play up or down to their opponent and I'm not sure if their luck can hold out through the rest of the season:(

WiOayY.jpg
Thanks Paul! Last weekend was brutal for Ohio. The Buckeyes were embarrassing, then on Sunday my beloved Bengals were humiliated by the Chiefs and the Browns found yet another way to lose in O.T.:(

Rousing Churchills, Steve & Ken! :thumbsup::cool:

- GT
Thanks Gary. I’ve been making an effort to mix up my carries a bit more but, doggone it, the Churchill pattern is just so appealing:rolleyes::)

I noticed that there was a little gap between spring and tang. Also the blade was nodding downward just a bit. I deduced that there is the same kind of flaw that I had in my Case slimline trapper that managed to correct. So I went forward and started tinkering and you know what?

I ruined it. The C 75 in Otter is softer than the Case stainless. I took off too much material. I know expletives are forbidden on this forum, but try to imagine my feelings.

What a downer!:(:poop: On the other hand, it's better to have tried and failed than never bothered (usually ;)) . That Otter must be soft s tuff though as CASE stainless is not exactly diamond hard.

What a downer!:(:poop: On the other hand, it's better to have tried and failed than never bothered (usually ;)) . That Otter must be soft s tuff though as CASE stainless is not exactly diamond hard.
I have tried some quite strange mods in my time with knives and even swords. Some were succesfull, some disastrous. This goes to top 5 in stupidity. :confused::poop:

Thanks, Dean. :) That slimline trapper reveals your good taste! :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Dean. :) I'm surprised by how many Case knives I have! :confused::rolleyes:

Dean, you have a teardrop for every occasion! That one raises respect! :cool::thumbsup:

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is a GEC 72 (thanks, Dee):
pxelv55.jpg

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Marbles ram's horn sowbelly:
fxJqT0t.jpg

- GT

Thank you for your kind comments, Gary! Your GEC 72 looks like a sturdy carry! :thumbsup:

Remember, no beans in the chili!

Everybody knows that beans will clog up the meat sauce pump. Gas station mini marts let you pump your own meat sauce and “cheese” sauce onto your nachos or hot dog. It comes in a #10 tin can or a heavy plastic bladder with a built in valve for the pump.

But nobody wants that junk in place of real home made chili. ;)

Winter approaches remorselessly ...the clocks went back and I got up an hour early:D Never like getting up whatever the time, likely because I never want to go to sleep;) But, the day was bright,crisp and sunny, albeit a brisk North wind:eek: So I thought to carry something unusual and mellow coloured, GEC 56 Dogleg from the first run. Five Kopeck coin from Katherine the Great is a heavyweight coin indeed!

aCY89gs.jpg

Winter approaches remorselessly ...the clocks went back and I got up an hour early:D Never like getting up whatever the time, likely because I never want to go to sleep;) But, the day was bright,crisp and sunny, albeit a brisk North wind:eek: So I thought to carry something unusual and mellow coloured, GEC 56 Dogleg from the first run. Five Kopeck coin from Katherine the Great is a heavyweight coin indeed!

aCY89gs.jpg
Ummm ... Daylight savings time ends on November 4 ...

Spent yesterday in the Bay Area watching my younger son and his high school marching band compete (they won). Then stayed in Santa Clara and visited with my older son. I carried this "campus carry legal" Peanut with me even though it got zero usage.

2014 Harness Jack that I bought from Bob (Bigbiscut) used it as a worry stone last night cheering for my/our Red Sox. Worked last night, so carrying today/night for same reason:thumbsup:
hDrppH.jpg

QJiVLD.jpg
Looks good my friend and I will be having my new Elderberry 14 Cripple Creek with me for my worry stone as I am also for the Red Sox tonight . I have never been for the Dodgers since 1947 .

Harry

Paul, your pics always have the best colors! You show off the browns wonderfully!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Fat stag there! I bet it fills the hand. :thumbsup:
NICE shot!
Is that a .17 cal ?
The 78 is a bit plump in the pocket, but great in hand. The coin isn’t a shot (I’m nowhere near good enough for that! :() The quarter is the result of a buddy and I messing around in his shop. I welded a center punch to his press. We turned a handful of quarters into spinning tops for his kids, and my niece & nephew. :)

This old Catt today!
73Yp6Nf.jpg
That’s some nice bone on that Catt! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I carried a couple of "free choice" knives this past week in addition to the knives prescribed by my rotation schedule. One free choice was a Rough Rider stag mini trapper:
stagMT.mark.closed.jpg

The other free choice was a Schrade Walden whittler (thanks, Tsar Bomba):
vaFZUGg.jpg

- GT

Everybody knows that beans will clog up the meat sauce pump. Gas station mini marts let you pump your own meat sauce and “cheese” sauce onto your nachos or hot dog. It comes in a #10 tin can or a heavy plastic bladder with a built in valve for the pump.

But nobody wants that junk in place of real home made chili.
I just can't abide chili without beans! Matter of fact my chili has three different kinds of beans AND some more that are mashed up just for good measure. :D I love Texas but now that I know their chili doesn't have beans in it... well... that makes em suspect. :eek::oops::rolleyes:

Will that knife ought to have it's own museum. Seriously, are you required to have a permit to own such a grand bladed weapon of magnificent beauty? You never cease to wow me with your hardware. :cool:

Back