What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

fpPuhvB.jpg

tTmwHL4

This guy is a constant in my pocket

http://imgur.com/gallery/tTmwHL4

tTmwHL4

I have no idea how to get the picture to show up

Since you have an imgur account you should be able copy the URL after you load the picture. On a phone you can do this by holding down your finger on the picture until it gives you the option to copy it, I imagine on a computer you’d have to right click it. After it’s copied you just click the little picture icon in the thread(the one with the Sun and mountains) and paste the URL.

There’s a few threads in tech support that would explain it better, but I thought I’d try to help. If you have any questions I can try to make it a bit clearer. That Talon of yours deserves to be seen by all!

Here’s one that’s a little more detailed, if you’re interested.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/how-to-post-pictures-using-imgur-comprehensive.1504241/

Since you have an imgur account you should be able copy the URL after you load the picture. On a phone you can do this by holding down your finger on the picture until it gives you the option to copy it, I imagine on a computer you’d have to right click it. After it’s copied you just click the little picture icon in the thread(the one with the Sun and mountains) and paste the URL.

There’s a few threads in tech support that would explain it better, but I thought I’d try to help. If you have any questions I can try to make it a bit clearer. That Talon of yours deserves to be seen by all!

Here’s one that’s a little more detailed, if you’re interested.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/how-to-post-pictures-using-imgur-comprehensive.1504241/

That's exactly what I did, I'll try again here. Appreciate the help.

O5jmGTE.jpg

Queen Railsplitter in Amber stag bone and D2.
xtAif9X.jpg
A Case Wharncliffe Trapper in Tru-Sharp and Rancher Bone:
UhCS0Zu.jpg
Couple of very attractive knives, Frank! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (If you like mini trappers, maybe you should look at the "Photoshopped customs" that @waverave built for me in Post #117 ;)
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/traditional-knife-photoshop-fun.1617537/page-6

Yep, that's the one, GT.
- Stuart
Thanks, Stuart. :)

While eating some rockfish (aka, striped bass) tonight that I caught Thursday on the Chesapeake Bay, I realized that the Virginia deer season is slipping away (I missed archery), so I'm taking off tomorrow for a couple of days to seek venison. ...
- Stuart
I hope your venison hunt was as successful as your rockfish trip, Stuart; looks like you're better-equipped than the deer! :thumbsup::cool:;)

That is a great pair right there. Anybody would be pleased with those two beauties.
Holy smokes, that's a nice p'nut.
Good-looking matching pair GT :thumbsup:
I totally agree, it's a very good choice!! ;):thumbsup:
Thanks for the high opinions of my chestnut bone pair, John & Jeff & Jack & Señor Pinto. :)
Jack, your ebony lambsfoot and Case Barlow (and leather lambsfoot) are desirable knives! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

... I have been thinking on your last name for a while and couldn't come up with something. I even asked some Frisian friends, but they hadn't a clue either o_O
At last I looked at http://www.cbgfamilienamen.nl, a really interresting database of Dutch surnames with charts showing their spread and numbers in 1947 and 2007. ...
Thanks for your interest, Mark; your guess was incorrect. :) I found my surname on the website you linked, and I think it was still most common in Friesland, although I think it was rather rare?

Today with GEC # 15 (Radio)...
2ym6p2d.jpg
Useful and visually appealing! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Red on Yellow...Swoon a Fellow

31957523498_788bde422e_b.jpg
Gleaming trio, Gev! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

... In honor of both Armistice Day and Veterans Day, I wanted to post a remembrance to someone whom I did not know.
I visited my grandfather's and my father's graves at Arlington National Cemetery on Friday while attending the funeral of a buddy. Remember those who aren't with us and celebrate those who are.

- Stuart
Very touching, Stuart. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks GT, it's a single blade.
Thanks for the info, John. :thumbsup:

Thank you Gary! Your 93OT is a gem! You don’t see them very often, especially in that condition.
Thanks, Lance. :) NIB when I won it, and I haven't carried it much so far; real useful blade combo! :cool::thumbsup:

That's an attractive couple, Dwight! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I heartily agree! I just asked the local shop to try to get me one of the new pocket worn whiskey bone CV knives. It will be interesting to see how they compare.
I like them, too, Gary! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Beautiful examples you have.
Thanks, Gary. most excellent knives today. :)
Veteran's Day carry.

To all our veterans and current military service members - thank you!

U.S. Army, 1972 - 1980
Excellent holiday carries and sentiment, Dean! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks to you and to @Ace Rimmer for the supportive remarks regarding my recent knives. :)

Nice watch and knife combo. :cool:
Thanks, r8shell; both are heirlooms from relatives. :)

5K Qs 5K Qs you’re right, Joker Knives:thumbsup: thanks for your kind words.

Here’s another pair from Joker-Spain.

View attachment 1018633
View attachment 1018644
Thanks for the confirmation, and for showing another superb pair of Joker lockbacks! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Nice Camco jack, Steve; unusual handle color for you! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks GT, that Imperial has been a lucky knife for all of us :) :thumbsup:
That's a very nice remark, Jack. :cool::)

Thanks, GT!
Dynamic Duo there as well!
Dressed up for Sunday:
qqUzZM5.jpg
Thanks, mitch4ging mitch4ging . :) I've seen those Cuttin' Horse knives before and they really catch my eye; your pearl version is sublime!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Anyway, enough about me... I carried my “new” Camillus along with the Wenger Canyon today.
Hope you’ve all had a great weekend!View attachment 1018821
I really like your new elk Camillus stockman, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

View attachment 1018823 View attachment 1018824 View attachment 1018825 View attachment 1018826

In anticipation of the upcoming GEC Dixie Stockman, I have been totin these Muskrat Clip’s!
Those are some magnificent muskrats, Leslie! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It's there every single day, It just doesn't find it's way into every picture.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

To all of you who are serving, or have served in the military, thank you, and God bless you.
We found this box in my son’s things... it says it very well:
View attachment 1018896
Thank you for your son's service and condolences on your family's loss. No higher price can be paid.
+ 5K! Thanks for conveying that message so well, @peanutsxx !

Starting off another week with these two. Have a good one folks :thumbsup:
Distinguished duo (Ashley & Ancient) to jump-start your week, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

As we celebrate Veterans Day... My thanks to all of you that have served our country....
Nice shields for the holiday and message, John! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Arresting pair, Alan! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Is the damascus new??

Feelin' a bit fancy today.
View attachment 1019291
W:eek:W, you're stylin', Darren! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Vic Pocket Pal is WAY underrated, IMHO! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Stockman of the Week is a Schrade 897UH (thanks, Dean):
YJPiIhM.jpg

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is also a medium stockman with slender clip blade from Rough Rider; very similar to the Uncle Henry:
stagmed.pile.3open.1.jpg

- GT

5K Qs 5K Qs The stag talon with damascus was one of the first Lloyd's I acquired. I carry it to show off because it's so nice but the blade shape is not my favorite.

Thanks, mitch4ging mitch4ging . :) I've seen those Cuttin' Horse knives before and they really catch my eye; your pearl version is sublime!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, Gary! It was an anniversary gift from the Mrs. a couple of years back.

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is also a medium stockman with slender clip blade from Rough Rider; very similar to the Uncle Henry:
stagmed-pile-3open-1-jpg.1019873

Nice pairing. I like the slender clip points!:thumbsup:

I apologize for my lack of posts lately. Here's what I have been totin' for the last few days.
31904071938_11679c15df_h.jpg

43972217270_52f533fad9_h.jpg

45064737934_a2c7f34bf7_h.jpg

43999808480_cc1704cef4_h.jpg

30898197687_a1fb32673a_h.jpg

30915621347_5dde79f8cf_h.jpg
Alright, since you posted those fine pictures Kevin, but if it happens again:rolleyes:...;):D

For me today, a very pocketable pruner. 2015 smooth Camel bone 47:thumbsup: aging nicely, as it was stark white when it first arrived, some color is starting to set in:thumbsup:
Lq2964.jpg

Back