What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I must be getting forgetful in my twilight years! ;) I forgot this in my previous post! Today I’m carrying a 2019 Guardians Lambsfoot in Ironwood and a 77 NF Old Red Sawcut single clip from the first run of singles in 2015! :)

46519230665_61f64858ea_c_d.jpg
When looking at those 2 knives , it is hard to believe that we , as a group , did not take a chance at getting a Forum Knife with covers like either one of them . The Ironwood and the Old Red Sawcut are some of the very best ever IMHO . Thanks for showing those beauties Ron.

Harry

For tonight I really wanted to carry a nice 856. This one has been used just enough that carrying it around a little won't hurt a thing, but it is not for using. It has a dulled factory edge anyways and that's not something I will ever change. Pocket jewelry you might say; hence the slip.

View attachment 1095765

Of course the 82 is in my back pocket as always. No pocket purses for working knives, and no pocket purse knives while working. :D

View attachment 1095766
Peachseed heaven !! why what a nice slip...lol

"No pocket purses for working knives, and no pocket purse knives while working"..great turn of phrase ( Tony Bose approved ;) )

For tonight I really wanted to carry a nice 856. This one has been used just enough that carrying it around a little won't hurt a thing, but it is not for using. It has a dulled factory edge anyways and that's not something I will ever change. Pocket jewelry you might say; hence the slip.

View attachment 1095765

Of course the 82 is in my back pocket as always. No pocket purses for working knives, and no pocket purse knives while working. :D

View attachment 1095766
Just took the 82 out of its leather purse today. I usually do so for about a week until I finally get the nerve to just drop it in with the keys. Life is too short for shiny knives :D

BgS3BEf.jpg

Thanks Ron! Your duet is a swooner.
Thank you Dwight! :thumbsup: :)

When looking at those 2 knives , it is hard to believe that we , as a group , did not take a chance at getting a Forum Knife with covers like either one of them . The Ironwood and the Old Red Sawcut are some of the very best ever IMHO . Thanks for showing those beauties Ron.

Harry
Harry I’m very fond of both the Ironwood and the Old Red Sawcut. I agree they rank right near the top! I’m glad you enjoyed seeing them today and thank you for the kind words my friend! :)

For Friday, one of my new favourites:
NStQPda.jpg

Ironwood lambsfoot, A. Wright & Son, Sheffield.
Vince, your photo makes that wood look incredible.
Or is it the wood that makes it look incredible.

Significantly newer knives for me today...

46714615804_d62b516cbd_k.jpg
Great shot of two great knives.

Got thissun' in the mail today and it went directly into my pocket. Gonna stay there for a bit too!
View attachment 1095747

Congrats!
But tell the truth...
STRAIGHT into your pocket?
Even if you did not oil the joint, and put a razor edge on it, I'll bet you played with it and stared at it before it went into the pocket.:D

Congrats!
But tell the truth...
STRAIGHT into your pocket?
Even if you did not oil the joint, and put a razor edge on it, I'll bet you played with it and stared at it before it went into the pocket.:D
It's true Jeff, I did! This one is surprisingly very sharp but it does need a good joint flush and I'll probably lower the kick on the coping so I can pinch the main blade open. I'll enjoy in this condition for a couple days first though!

Jeez, you take a couple of hours off this thread and it leaves the station. I'm 7 pages behind, and i apologize to those whose posts I did not acknowledge in my effort to catch up.

@paulhilborn Paul that's a fine Eureka Jack and the Case Trapperlock is, too.

Stuart, I'm not from Texas, so can I just call those beauties fish knives?

I'm not from Texas, either, so B. Levine's moniker of "tickler" is fine, too, but just "toothpick" works for me.

Gorgeous toothpicks! Amazing how time changes how one feels about a certain pattern.

Thanks, Dwight. They really carry well and pack a nice blade. Oh, and they are elegant!

Totin family members today.

Fabulous small flock of Cranes.

Is it time? The Spring Equinox The worm moon

46512539135_bb9c9a008c_b.jpg

Into the center of the Sun ;)

Excellent!

Sublime, yet scary, Harvey. Well done.

WESTERN U.S.A. 062 D = 5 & 1/8 Closed
My $ 21 knife

Money well spent Harry. That's a fine knife.

A really handsome knife. Nice pic, too.

Remington today

A wooden wonder, Steve. Great photo, too.

Beautiful teardrop Stuart D Duckdog .

What a treat to see. Hope to see it a lot more!

Yeah Stuart! :eek: And it’s probably better looking than anybody that will be there too! :p Except maybe that great bartender! ;) What was her name again! ;) That is seriously a super nice Miller Brothers my friend! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Some pretty nice Stuff my friend .

A knife to bring tears. Seriously this is an emotional dream.

Good lord !!! I'll never forget that one :eek:

Wow just wow !

Thanks, guys. And, Ron, the bartender says, "Hi, where have you been?"

Whoever said retirement wasn’t fun didn’t know what they were talking about! :eek: I been hard after it all day including but not limited to cleaning out some very neglected gutters. They had some poorly installed and extremely CHEAPLY made gutter guards on them. I sure do hope my brother-in-law appreciates it. ;) I’ve had these two workhorses with me today! :D

Love that Case, Ron. BTW, I have repairs at my house that Miss Norma will profusely thank you for completing. Freshly baked cookies and a cool libation.

Cattaraugus pearl lobster

Great find, Nick!

I'm inspired to carry something old today.

Well, that's special. another old beauty, r8shell. Thanks.

Today I’m carrying a 2019 Guardians Lambsfoot in Ironwood and a 77 NF Old Red Sawcut single clip from the first run of singles in 2015! :)

Perfect pairing, pal.

Case Chestnut Jigged Bone CV Sowbelly Stockman.

Fine pics of a fine knife.

Great googley moogley!! That is pretty special, Harvey. I mean, really fine.

today I’m totin this TL29 dressed in smooth yellow cow bone from the doggie treat aisle.

Another great job, Jeff, but my dog saw your knife and won't stop staring at it.

This one today

That one is good any day, Steve. You should do a calendar. I'd buy three years' worth.

E.C. Simmons Keen Kutter Junior Cattle Knife

You and @r8shell are raising the bar pretty high. If kai76 kai76 , @SteveC, Old Engineer Old Engineer , and Gevonovich Gevonovich get wind of this, it could get ugly.

After 9.00pm here, and I'm only just getting time to post my carry! :eek: Hope everyone is having a good day :thumbsup:

Very pleasant pairing, Jack. Thanks, my day was fine.

I'll ante up to your thread idea R8shell

Dang! See what I mean?

- Stuart

Outstanding old bone. Is that a 41 frame?
I’m not sure if it’s a 41 frame. There are no numbers stamped on the tangs and I’m guessing this knife was made before Camillus started using pattern numbers??

Oh, I see you got the "carry fantastic old bone today" memo. :D
I sure did and it should be a daily memo! Great old bones on great old cattle knives you, Gevonovich Gevonovich and @black mamba have! I don’t own a cattle knife and it might be time to hunt one down.

TheChunk91 TheChunk91 Another great knife Paul! You own some seriously good looking Schrades.

D Duckdog Thanks for the nice words Stuart!

Last edited:
Today for old friends Friday my second traditional after the case 6375 that was my first(mistake) and felt like a brick in the pocket. This Boker Barlow was my trusty companion for quite a long time, today rides in pocket
6-AE7732-F-F6-E0-45-F5-B6-D2-26-A6-AAFB61-DB.jpg

Got semiretired when I got more into whittling and the square bolsters and kind of long tang on the pen blade made him less comfortable

That ole' Friday insomnia bug is a cruel mistress -- bites fast, bites hard and bites often -- Ouch!!! o_O:oops::eek:

XZt2VlN.jpg

Enjoy your Friday as it rolls into the weekend. :D:D

QPSwGD4.jpg

Go ahead and pick your possum, I just picked mine and she's a pretty one, but mean as can be! ;)

6k6O7pm.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, guys. And, Ron, the bartender says, "Hi, where have you been?"

Love that Case, Ron. BTW, I have repairs at my house that Miss Norma will profusely thank you for completing. Freshly baked cookies and a cool libation.

Perfect pairing, pal.
Stuart, tell all the fine folks at Whitlows that “Ron says hey!” That Case is from ‘73. A 6231-1/2 Jack. I got three more mint that I bought new in ‘73. They was high dollar knives back then. I think I paid something around $6.50 each at a local hardware store that’s been out of business for over 35 years. I can still remember the look on the faces of some of those old hardware gentlemen when an 18 year old whipper snapper would buy three of the same knives at once! :eek: I don’t have my next trip planned yet but if I was up there I would gladly help you with Miss Norma’s to do list! Thanks for the kind words my friend! Tell Miss Norma we said hello! :)

Back