What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Something old and something new today. My old Vic Pioneer once again, along with a brand spanking new Case bone stag Tribal Lock. The Tribal Lock is a bit of a conundrum for me. I love the knife. It’s spectacular. Crazy wonderful bone. But the blade shape and size is close enough to a standard scout pattern that they don’t pair particularly well.

But no matter how you look at it, the Tribal is an amazing knife. Perfect fit and finish on mine. I was lucky enough to be able to sort of hand pick the bone in this one.

vQ3WJy5h.jpg

mKD1DPLh.jpg

Lovely bone on that one !

Ron, I looked in the Case cave to see if I had any two-blade 47s , but I don't. I have some 3 and 4 blade 47/047p/047HP. I have these 2 blade 042 and 07, though, and they are close, and I agree with the early red bone. A 62042 (1965-1969) and a 6207 (1965-1969):

z6i0OaL.jpg

3kYVgPj.jpg

ie0gJkP.jpg

- Stuart
Thanks Stuart! Your 6207 is a beautiful example my friend! I have one from ‘73 but it’s not as nice as yours. IMHO Case messed up a very nice Jack when they added that long Spey blade and switched the clip to a California clip to accommodate the nail nick on the Spey blade. :)

Alox knife for this week has been a Vic Electrician, my first Alox (thanks, Greg):

This week's "fancy" canoe has been this 1975 red bone Case (thanks for offering me a deal I couldn't refuse, Lance):

That was a lovely lot that you posted, GT, but those two caught my eye.

That’s a great pair of stag beauties for today Stuart! The FB especially catches my eye! :thumbsup: Your hand cultivator even looks like a custom! :eek: :D

Thanks, Ron. The grubber is pretty smooth to use, though the mint is ruthless.

Quality pair Stuart :thumbsup:

I forgot to post my carry today :rolleyes:

Thanks, Jack. That sailor's knife really sets my sails. A handsome knife.

Marko! Long time no see! :)

KC9KBhB.jpg
Two smooth/almost smooth bone beauties there, r8shell. Elegant elders.

Special day for all you mothers. And anybody who had one.
View attachment 1126977

Those Cases are cutlery versions of red roses for Mother's Day, Jeff. Well done.

Sweet eye candy.

Nice pair, Alan.

Pretty pinched peanut, Dwight.

Your CC is very special, Harry. Thanks for sharing it.

- Stuart

I like those Indianheads willard0341 willard0341 ! That looks like a bone handle. What did you trade?:)
Traded my cripple creek natural micarta gec 14. I got hurt on the trade but he’s family. I took it outside to look at it in the sun before we swapped, hope it’s bone. (4 adult beverage lunch). Fit and finish is good. Thank you much and have a good evening

Some of the knives I'll carry all week.
Alox of the Week is a red Vic Cadet:
5GsTSiA.jpg

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Vic Tinker (my first ever Victorinox, obtained only 5 years ago):
jLA1Ryy.jpg

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a Marbles Workman Trapper:
workman.mark.open.jpg

Stockman of the Week is a Buck 303 Cadet (thanks, Clay):
hrAcX9S.jpg

- GT

Great pic Misplaced Hillbilly! Nice hat and nice knives, didn't notice the knife hat pin until I took a second look.
Thanks! Its a Larry Mahan palm leaf, its on its 3rd summer! Although the wire in the brim is starting to peek through in a couple places,lol. I wear it every day in the warm months. I have a black palm leaf exactly like it for dressier occasions. But hardly wear it lol. The pin is part of a prize pack I got from the Blade Forums live giveaway on Sundays for the 52 weeks GAW. If you watch the live stream on YouTube Spark does a live stream GAW for those that tune in. Its a Spyderco Bowie pin.

Back