1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    [​IMG]
    2 from Sheffield today! Just found the sharks tooth in the driveway where we're working.

2. McFeeli

McFeeli

Feb 13, 2017
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I need more Bloodwood in my life.

3. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Today I carry in my pocket my new Guardians 18 in Ebony and still the Portuguese Curel!!;):thumbsup:

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Both are Bobby Dazzlers, David. Congratulations.

5. Laurelbb

Laurelbb Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    thanks @Buzzbait and @Whetstone39 !, very helpful. Don't think i'll re-profile (way above my skill level), just some touch-up sharpening in near future. I will definitely practice on a beater before the good ones :).

Buzzbait likes this.
  6. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Your Marbles workman trapper is different and a good looking knife, Gary. :thumbsup:

7. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Wooden Wednesday.

[​IMG]

8. clk

clk Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 29, 2006
    Got a new knife from Bret Dowell. It is a great knife with great F&F.

Attached Files:

9. clk

Sep 29, 2006
    About half of my Dowell’s A2285E35-57DD-4899-ABD3-5065206E91F5.jpeg

Laurelbb, viking313, ISKRA and 28 others like this.
  10. Dschal

Dschal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Wooden Wednesday carry.
    [​IMG]

11. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Fantastic pair Stuart. What beautiful burl!

:D

cigarrodog likes this.
  12. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    @clk - you got more than 1/2 a WOW from me for those Dowells, aka Wowells :cool:
    Very nice collection going there :thumbsup:

Ray

Laurelbb and Pinemoon like this.
  13. clk

Sep 29, 2006
    Thank you Ray. I have been buying Bret’s knives, new and used, for quite a few years. After I took the pics, I counted. I have 18. I am hoping to get a total of 20. Gotta keep looking.

Rod

14. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Inspired by other carrying Barry's Bloodwood yesterday:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Laurelbb, viking313, ISKRA and 30 others like this.
  15. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    I’ve got a couple of Vic florists with that same textured grip, and find it really inviting in feel. Your use of light really brings out that texture. Nicely done.

Pomsbz and Duckdog like this.
  16. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    For Thursday:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Laurelbb, viking313, ISKRA and 23 others like this.
  17. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Good golly, it is a struggle for me to keep up with this thread, even just to offer simple thank-yous, much less to laud the fine knives being posted.

Thanks, guys.

GT, I agree with Harry (@Old Engineer) and Vince (@Prester John) that a folding hunter is a desirable addition, but not essential, unless you ARE A HUNTER or need one to complete a collection theme. Personally, I like the size and functionality of a large folding hunter, and I have many because I like and use them. That Case 6265 is 5 1/4" closed, 9 1/4" OAL. I have larger. They are great workers and easy to hold securely. Here's some:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks, but I'm relatively new to them, too. Yours has that nice wide spear blade AND a bottle opener - an obviously more desirable knife.

Ron, I like California clips and spey blades, but I agree with you. Case should have made both variations, as they are great knives. Thanks for the kind words.

- Stuart

viking313, ISKRA, JJ Cahill and 23 others like this.
  18. HFinn

HFinn

Sep 6, 2012
    Back to lockback. By the way, I wish Otter would make smaller version of this one with the same lock. This is my favourite knife to take with me when traveling, it works well as a folding food prep knife. Excellent slicer and all round edc knife if I need a longer blade.

[​IMG]

viking313, zolthar, Duckdog and 15 others like this.
  19. CraigTbone

CraigTbone

Mar 4, 2019
    Prester John, what model is that Case Stockman? Does it have flat ground blades?

20. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    David, that's an awesome pair of redbone Cases; congrats! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Glad the my canoe inspired you to find one. I have to admit that mine is the only knife I have that I don't plan to use. :rolleyes:

Yowza, that's a pair of old beauties, Paul! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Ron. :)

Couple of champs, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, John & Nick. :) I'm a sucker for the Case chestnut jigged bone. :rolleyes:
    Nick, that sleeveboard pen is first-class! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the background on your lambsfoot pair, Jeff. :thumbsup::cool: Speaking of "LF recruiting", you ought to post pics of yours in the Guardians thread. ;)

Thanks, Jack. :) Delightful pic of your AC! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Congrats on that eye-catching classic! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Plaudits to @stevekolt for his epic generosity! :cool::)

Grand engineer, Stuart! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

High-class canoe! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the punny comments, Stuart! :):cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Harvey; I especially appreciate your pro opinion on my photo efforts. :)

Thanks for your input about folding hunters, Harry & Vince. :thumbsup::) I'll probably get one this summer (maybe a Case in CV and chestnut jigged bone, since I have several knives in that series ;)).

Jaw-dropping pair, Stuart! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Couple of keen oldies, Jeff! :cool::cool::cool:

- GT