1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 41 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer Knives Nick Swan Matanzas , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Thanks, GT. That trip into the bamboo grove turned into a 4 day venture into futility and fatigue. I got most of it grubbed out just in time for a massive storm on Thursday that tore our area up with downed trees and limbs. I cleared limbs from my yard and from the yard of my late buddy (whose family finally has it on the market). Coupled with working on an annual sports awards banquet for our local youth teams and our four high schools, I've been off the Porch for a spell. I'm glad to limp back up to take a look at all that's been posted in my hiatus. I'm totin' some old friends this Friday - a pair of Primbles:

[​IMG]

- Stuart

2. HST

HST

Apr 2, 2015
    Track prep. Enjoy your weekend!

D8FDAD1B-12A5-4382-B0CC-9B19617E5407.jpeg

3. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Just some wax. I used Kiwi neutral shoe polish wax. :cool::thumbsup:

4. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    In addition to the knives I carry each week in a variety of categories as dictated by my rotation schedule, I often carry a couple of "free choice" knives that catch my fancy for the week. This week those knives are a Case Caliber LT347 stockman (I call it large - not sure what Case calls the size) and a Joker 3 1/4" stag lockback:
    LT347.mark.3open.jpg

lilstagLB.pile.Vopen.jpg

- GT

5. Bloefield

Bloefield

Aug 2, 2013
    This stockman today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pr3inar, jkwithawave, HST and 23 others like this.
  6. Whetstone39

Whetstone39 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Thanks GT, much appreciated! They played the lesser Gloria (I agree with you on it’s ranking) at the end of the game, everybody was singing it, strangers giving each other high fives, even some dancing in the streets. It was an amazing experience.

So I am definitely not breaking up the trio until at least this Sunday, and hopefully not until the end of the series :). Which is highly unlikely and I only have one more Blue traditional knife :eek:

Prester John likes this.
  7. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Somehow I suspect this is not the "Gloria" sung at Mass.

8. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Friday evening and I may need to open some bottles a little later this evening.
    [​IMG]

9. Whetstone39

Whetstone39 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Lol You are correct, it is an 80’s pop song by Laura Brannigan the team has adopted.

[​IMG]

10. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    That Joker is wild. I love it.

Duckdog, dc50 and Prester John like this.
  11. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Sorry I missed this before Jer! :D :thumbsup:

Yes indeed, I sometimes use mine as a 'coat-pocket knife' in the winter, as it opens so easily, even when wearing gloves :) :thumbsup:

Stunning pic Dwight :thumbsup:

Thank you very much Vince, I nearly died when they told me how much the knife was going to cost me! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Smashing stag Gary :) :thumbsup:

Thanks buddy :) :thumbsup:

I bought some Kiwi neutral shoe polish just today (for some leather pouches), for the first time in about 30 years! :eek: :cool: :thumbsup:

Nice Joker GT :cool: :thumbsup:

I am still struggling with a terrible internet connection here, and I'm afraid it's likely to be like that at least until Monday :( I'm heading out hiking tomorrow, armed to the teeth! :D Have a great weekend folks :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, JOELSM, HST and 26 others like this.
  12. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    The only other one I am familiar with is the one I heard Patti Smith singing around 1978 or so.

13. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    @5K Qs ~

You’re not alone, Gt. I have a lot of “favorites” I’ve yet to own.

Fodderwing and Prester John like this.
  14. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Armed to the teeth, indeed! English, Swiss, & Finnish. :thumbsup:

dc50 and Jack Black like this.
  15. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    You no own house. House own you.

Good luck, and as my old boss always said as I pulled out with a full load of propane, “Keep ‘er rubber side down!”

HST, Duckdog, Ramrodmb and 3 others like this.
  16. kai76

kai76 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 5, 2009
    @Amir Fleschwund @SteveC @5K Qs Thanks Jeff, Steve and Gary for the nice words. Really cool pic with that white moth or butterfly? Jeff! Gary I like that Joker lockback! Steve, I always enjoy seeing your oldies!

@Fodderwing Killer photos and knives as always!

@Duckdog Glad to see you back and a beautiful pair of Primble’s today!

@cigarrodog Awesome lamb foot sir! Is that buffalo horn or bone?

@r8shell Love the work you did on your RR Rachel, it looks like a century old knife now!!

Duckdog, cigarrodog and Prester John like this.
  17. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
  18. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Great group of knives, Jack. That must be quite some hike you're headed out for... Mordor perhaps? :D

Duckdog, Prester John and Jack Black like this.
  19. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Cades cove today. Trying to keep the kids away from the tourist trap areas.

[​IMG]

JOELSM, ISKRA, HST and 28 others like this.
  20. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Switching up my watch pocket carry...
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, ISKRA, HST and 22 others like this.