1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Gem. :D

But seriously, people. Every time one of you shows off an old farmer’s jack, or a GEC Orchard Gem, more people are smitten, and the prices go up!

Shucks. All I’m allowed is what I deserve:oops:

Fodderwing, SVTFreak and JohnDF like this.
  2. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    A true one handed traditional (at least the main blade;))

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

~Chip

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  3. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Jack! :) I actually thought I would carry the same combination again today! :D

A 1970 Case Barlow and a Wright’s medium Lambsfoot in the pocket today! :D

[​IMG]

4. Jeff_R

Jeff_R

Aug 12, 2015
    Hi Fellas,

Since the days are warming up I’ve started to pare down all the gear I tote around in my pockets to lighten up my “pack.” Part of that is swapping my regular pocket knife with the Buck 305 “Lancer” my dad gave to me when I was a kid, around 1972. It was his knife originally. He no longer with us, and being nice and light, plus with Father’s Day tomorrow it just felt right to return to carrying it. It still amazes me how handy that little knife is.

Have a good Saturday!

Jeff

5. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Lovely lovely barlow Steve.

Beautiful Gev. Full of atmosphere and poignancy.

WOW what a fine piece of cutlery.

@Half/Stop Ron another stunning pair today!

IMG_3107.jpeg

6. DelOro

DelOro Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2016
    [​IMG]

Vacation Day 2 -- "So this is what sleeping till 9 in the am feels like!"

[​IMG]

7. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Congrats to you and yours for the milestones! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Sounds like an excellent journey to start on Father's Day weekend!

That's a zesty little pen knife! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Those two toothpicks are too terrific, Stuart! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

:):thumbsup:

Dazzling dark duo, Dylan! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I hope your vacation exceeds your high expectation, Del! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Congrats on that Farmer's jack, Taylor; incredible bone! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Dean. :) I'm very fortunate that @black mamba was willing to part with them, especially since they came out before I even knew RR existed. :thumbsup:;)

Well-chosen combo, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Notable pair of Buck lockbacks! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks for noticing, Stuart. :) The pearl is 4 5/8" closed, so not such a small package. :rolleyes:

:D:thumbsup::thumbsup: Utility, Vince!

Whale of a knife combo, Rachel! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats on the Alox! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: For me, that first Alox was love at first touch! :thumbsup:;)

The GAW you started certainly had a great run! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Probably got up to near 20 rounds?

Thanks, Harvey. :)

Thanks for the props for my ebony lamb and my new pearl gunboat, Dwight. :) Glad the humidity hasn't come up yet; we've been cooler and wetter than normal so far.

Splendid pic of your Buck Forum knife, with top-notch stag!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: How do you like that no-frills throwback sharpening stone in the pic? :rolleyes:

Much more than adequate choices, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Jack. :)
    We know that all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, so it's wise that you've chosen a pair that helps you stay sharp! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Distinguished duo, and the lines of that Kabar stockman are especially lovely!! :cool::thumbsup::cool: (But WHY do they leave the sheep tip so proud??)

Tremendous timber twosome, John! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

That's my kind of Barlow! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

8. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
  9. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thanks, GT.
    The GEC #14 is my favorite watch pocket knife.
    The Rosewood Lamb is my favorite knife, period.

10. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Thank, Gary!

11. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    That's wonderful that you still have it. Those Buck Lancers are great, especially the old Camillus made ones.:cool::cool:
    :D:thumbsup: maybe I'll order the What-a-Fish sandwich at What-a-Burger.

12. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Today's tote.

[​IMG]

13. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    It's the "What-a-Catch". Hope new owners of Whataburger don't ruin it. Ate there yesterday.

peanutsxx likes this.
  14. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    I couldn't decide... IMG_20190615_110056.jpg

15. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005

Nice pic :) :thumbsup:

Lovely wood combination John :thumbsup:

Great pic Dave :thumbsup:

Beautiful photo my friend :) :thumbsup:

16. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    tmd_87, cigarrodog and Fodderwing like this.
  17. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    What a fine swell center...cutlery art at its best ! Thanks for the share :):thumbsup::thumbsup: Thank you, Dwight:D

cigarrodog likes this.
  18. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Thank you kindly, my friend !:D

Jack Black likes this.
  19. Chui

Chui Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 10, 2012
    - very crisp, very smart....rather an arresting appearance :thumbsup:

20. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    My internet connection decided to start acting up, so I can't see everyone's pics :(

Good idea Ron, they look great :) :thumbsup:

It's making me exhausted Gary! o_O I've knocked off for the evening now, so I'm going to drink some wine and eat olives with my Vendetta! :D :thumbsup: