What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I'm off out for a hike tomorrow, and carrying the same pair again :) Hope everyone has a great weekend :thumbsup:

kdV5m6n.jpg

Tvvlj0r.jpg

Thanks fellas. Its been ruff at times but I have always wanted to be a one knife guy so i could have a honest pocket worn knife. I just love the look of a knife that's been carried for so long the blades worn down and the bones worn smooth. Just gotta make another 10 or 20 years :p:rolleyes: @5K Qs Just 1 blade keeps its simple :) @Amir Fleschwund Your grandfather sure picked a beautie! Hard to beat ebony an easy open notch and a nice spear!:thumbsup::thumbsup: @RDaneel Thank you!

I worked in the yard all day and have missed most of the recent postings (will catch them up soon). It was overcast here, so I brightened my day with these - a Queen #13 switch pattern (1958-1960) and an Imperial premium jack (1946-1956).

aOmI5Vq.jpg

VZmYCne.jpg

My day got even brighter, though only temporarily, when a buddy dropped by to leave a knife with me for oiling/sharpening. I got to tote it for a few hours. A Case medium stockman (1971):

jideXlT.jpg

ufhDKR3.jpg

fElXEFf.jpg

Man, I hated handing that one back.
- Stuart

Thanks GT! Carrying this little traplifter again. So my process was just a simmer and soak in RIT dye. At first I tried Cherry Red but that ended up being dark magenta. So I tossed it in some Tangerine Orange and voila it was a nice blood red.
It’s just like my buddy Randy says “If at first you don’t succeed, dye, dye again.”
Ke5i1Ne.jpg

Great-looking pair :thumbsup:

I'm stepping out on Friday with these two :) Have a good Friday folks, the weekend is almost upon us ;) :thumbsup:

dG5O7mu.jpg
Thanks Jack!!! Your HHB paired with the 44 is a formidable duo!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Blue mammoth sowbelly.
img_0971-1024x897-jpg.1191818
Your blue mammoth covers look amazing on the sowbelly!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)
Another wonderful old beauty Gev; it continues to be a great pleasure taking in your lovely gems!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you JJ. Showing a trio of beauties today. Actually, you show great knives every day.
Two for today. The first is a Buckshot Bone Rough Rider. Newly acquired.
22F18123-1DC8-4919-A172-7CAF1F235009_zps94udfvcy.jpeg

A. Wright Senator with a sample of an incredibly delicious confetti cake.
c3d29a51-4fbc-4fdb-9269-0fa34ca2f59e-jpeg.1191966
Thank you Harvey!!! Excellent props in your wonderful images; the RR is very cool but the A. Wright takes the cake (which looks delicious!):cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I worked in the yard all day and have missed most of the recent postings (will catch them up soon). It was overcast here, so I brightened my day with these - a Queen #13 switch pattern (1958-1960) and an Imperial premium jack (1946-1956).
Certainly a couple of stunners Stuart! The Case is very nice but "carbon keeps cutting!":thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Last edited:
Almost impossible to beat the trusty old BSA scout knife; quite possibly my favorite pattern! Hang tough out there Bruce!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you! We did well, lot of wind and rain, but no flooding and no damage - just branches, twigs, and leaf debris. I have about 90% cleaned up already. Pity the poor folks on Ocracoke and Hatteras Islands - they’ve been flooded hard. OH

Thank you! We did well, lot of wind and rain, but no flooding and no damage - just branches, twigs, and leaf debris. I have about 90% cleaned up already. Pity the poor folks on Ocracoke and Hatteras Islands - they’ve been flooded hard. OH
I'm glad to hear you got through this one with no damage!:D The last one I witnessed was Hurricane Andrew in Florida which was quite a mess. Now I've got fires and earthquakes...:eek:

Back