What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

zWZ9G23.jpg

Thanks a lot! I was already planning to drop by a certain dealer in the mountains tomorrow, and the last thing I need is another reminder of how pretty that green Peanut is. Seriously, that is a really nice looking pair of knives!

Haha! Thanks. I actually purchased a Pocket Worn Bermuda Green Texas Toothpick from that particular establishment. So, I'm certainly not going to stand in your way! :D

Two fine moments in a very beautiful day here in Northern Virginia: I'm watching the Washington Nationals duel with the St. Louis Cards - 7-i lead by my Nats in bottom of 3rd (Nats are 3-0 in NLCS best of 7) and Half/Stop Half/Stop is within a short ride from me for a short time (thanks for the call, Ron). Oh, another beer inning?

AltH8lw.jpg

- Stuart

I*XL Barlow.

Today I’m carrying my Waynorth Jigged Bone Lambsfoot. :)

48682571721_b84360c234_o_d.jpg

Another day of beautiful carries, folks. I've got my BF301 (Thanks, Alan!) and my Peanut today.

00100l-PORTRAIT-00100-BURST20191015143516217-COVER-2.jpg

Classics, old and new. Very handsome knives, guys.

Arrived from England (perhaps made in Sheffield) straight into my pocket this beautiful knife single-blade, unbranded, the blade looks like it's been shortened, but with a truly fabulous antique sambar stag.;):thumbsup:

That's a beauty, José.

- Stuart

Two fine moments in a very beautiful day here in Northern Virginia: I'm watching the Washington Nationals duel with the St. Louis Cards - 7-i lead by my Nats in bottom of 3rd (Nats are 3-0 in NLCS best of 7) and Half/Stop Half/Stop is within a short ride from me for a short time (thanks for the call, Ron). Oh, another beer inning?

AltH8lw.jpg

- Stuart
Good talking to you today Stuart! I’m setting here watching the Nats also. My daughters apartment is so close to the stadium you can turn down the TV and hear the crowd noises! That is a fine looking Case Barlow my friend! Looking forward to a good lunch and some knife talk!

AltH8lw.jpg

- Stuart
Well Stuart, looks like you've motivated me to consider/have a beer or three! ;)

Nice Case! :thumbsup::D

Up9MwVG.jpg

Well Stuart, looks like you've motivated me to consider/have a beer or three! ;)

Glad to do so, Del, and that's a nice gunstock with that Banquet bevy. It looks like my beer foam floated the Nats to the World Series (an accomplishment 33 years since our last team did it, and 15 years since we got a team back here).
- Stuart

Glad to do so, Del, and that's a nice gunstock with that Banquet bevy. It looks like my beer foam floated the Nats to the World Series (an accomplishment 33 years since our last team did it, and 15 years since we got a team back here).
- Stuart
Poor Red Birds ...Feathers Flew! :p

Thank you JJ, that's another stunning pair you're showing today :) :thumbsup:
Morning folks, hope your week is shaping up :) I've got these two with me today, my stag Hartshead Barlow and a Case Swayback Jack, kindly gifted to me by @Peregrin :) :thumbsup:

raOX8Gn.jpg
Thank you Jack!!! Love this shot with your HHB and the lamb herd; two great slicers for you today!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, JJ!
It was a great year for my garden~other than the beets, kale, and winter squashes, the beds are all cleaned out and getting manured for next year.
These little punkins are volunteers that always come up from the seeds in the compost. Whenever I plant a hybrid variety of squash, you never know what their seeds will produce. Open pollinated varieties will come back true year after year. This year I have acorn, butternut, and spaghetti squash, but did not plant any ~ all volunteers.

Too many knives? Nope:D
b13fd106-f3c7-48dd-bbd9-aaf7bb6f3ed7-jpeg.1213684
That's very cool; you need a lot of great slicers to keep your crops in check!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you JJ. Love the acrylic covers and details of each knife.
A Pair of Cream Puffs...
ea08baec-12da-47ba-8e61-4d4830eddbe5-jpeg.1213761
Thanks Harvey!!! Those "cream puffs" are certainly sweet!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Another mother lode from your seemingly bottom-less treasure trove, JJ. Lovely!
Thank you Stuart!!! Excellent images of wonderful memories!
wo fine moments in a very beautiful day here in Northern Virginia: I'm watching the Washington Nationals duel with the St. Louis Cards - 7-i lead by my Nats in bottom of 3rd (Nats are 3-0 in NLCS best of 7) and Half/Stop Half/Stop is within a short ride from me for a short time (thanks for the call, Ron). Oh, another beer inning?

AltH8lw.jpg
Looks like your great choices paid off, the Nationals took the NL title; hard chargers!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Jack Black Jack Black - Your HH Barlow guiding the Lambs is very nice.

A Pair of Cream Puffs...
View attachment 1213761

Thanks Harvey, I was completely transfixed by your photo :cool; :) :thumbsup:

Outstanding photo Stuart :) :thumbsup:

I*XL Barlow.

Smashing old Barlow Dean :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack!!! Love this shot with your HHB and the lamb herd; two great slicers for you today!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Two wood covered old workhorses for my Wednesday totes; a pre WWII Ulster TL-29 and a tough old Cattaraugus, both in Cocobolo.:)

Thank you JJ, there's another great-looking pair you have there :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope everyone is having a good week :) Raining hard here today :( Toting a couple of oldies, from Alfred Blackwell and Joseph Rodgers :thumbsup:

81FeDMA.jpg

e7YwNKx.jpg

Back