1. Despite 2020 presenting more than its share of challenges, I'm thankful for all of you, and the community you guys have created. Hope that your homes are full of happiness, your fridge well stocked with leftovers, and your homes warm & loving.

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @JJ Cahill - Thank you for the nice words, JJ. Both Moose and Bull Nose look great. The Bull Nose was my first traditional. Great tool knife. That Linen Micarta has a very smooth feel in hand.

@Rose and Thistle Custom - Your -new to you- Dixon penknife is very nice. Hope you’ll share your attempt to resolve the closing issue

@Jack Black - Nice outdoors with the knives image, Jack.

@Wurrwulf - Easy to understand your excitement. Your JH Lloyd is beautiful.

@Gevonovich - lovely quiet image, Gev. Showing detail in the shadow area, in low light, is not easy, but you did so, quite nicely.

JJ Cahill, Jack Black and Wurrwulf like this.
  2. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
  3. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Couldn’t decide this morning. So both it is!
    66480C8E-2BE9-47AA-957F-F9C1D23B6FB5.jpeg

that’s not the way I took the photo or that it shows up in my album, why did it flip it?

4. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
    I got in there with a toothpick and cleaned everything up pretty well. This picture is the small blade full open, you can see that the spring is very sunken and the blade not all the way open. The back square where the spring lands looks worn and I'm suspecting that's the cause of the sunken spring and the blade not fully closing or opening.
    20191022_092916-756x1008.jpg

5. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    much appreciated comment, Sir !! I was craving a sweet image...and wow..did you deliver !!! Your Jedidiah is one sweet barlow in those covers.

Now where is that chocolate :p

6. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Thank you very much! :)

That is such a gorgeous knife, Harry! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

7. RDaneel

Apr 23, 2000
    Another autumn knife day.

[​IMG]

8. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you Harvey, I am certainly admiring that fine view my friend :) ;) :thumbsup:

9. Headwinds

Headwinds Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 15, 2016
    Back to the usual.
    [​IMG]

10. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    Jack Black likes this.
  11. traumkommode

traumkommode Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    I'm carrying this one today, and I'm plastering this picture everywhere.

[​IMG]

12. I'm not going to dissuade you otherwise...

Beautiful specimen!

13. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Really makes that sheep shine !!!

It deserves a plastering !! Manoman

14. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    [​IMG]
    Still with the 212, I think I'm going to to stick with it through the year but that's what I said about the 102 before ordering this bad boy :eek:
    I'm not in the market for another belt knife but who knows what I'll find.

15. Ripcord 82

Ripcord 82

Feb 15, 2019
    Totin the GEC Possum Skinner today.
    [​IMG]

16. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    :D
    Hmm...that doesn't sound like an easy fix. :(

17. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
    I'm thinking maybe putting a shim on the front square will get it to close and just think of it as a single blade?

scrteened porch likes this.
  18. RDaneel

Apr 23, 2000
    Thank you kindly, Gev.

Gevonovich likes this.
  19. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Jack! The Mink is one of several knives that Stuart @Duckdog has gifted me. He has the same generous heart that so many others have! :thumbsup:

Jack Black and Duckdog like this.
  20. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I got to spend some more time with my buddy Stuart @Duckdog today. We had a feast for lunch at the Vienna Cafe! :thumbsup: We each had two fully loaded chili dogs. They had chopped onions, special made in house chili, cheese and mustard. We also had some shoe string fries. It was a very tasty lunch. About an hour after lunch I told Stuart I didn’t know why we didn’t think to take a photo to show y’all! :eek: Stuart was showing me around some places in the area I haven’t been to before. We drove by the Wolf Trap Park, which any of you music lovers will be familiar with. Next we went to the Great Falls National Park on the Potomac River. Stuart wanted to show me how close they actually are to DC. It’s a historic area and we were lucky to be able to get out between showers. Here’s my Case Texas Jack posing for a photo with part of the falls in the background. All in all a great visit. Thanks for the hospitality Stuart! :thumbsup::) My Texas Jack liked Northern Virginia so much it just decided to stay! ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]