What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Ed Kramp Ed Kramp Barlow liner-lock with Razorbeak

DHBvbV7.jpg

Last edited:
A lump of pure love, Harry. Thanks for sharing. Loki could fit right in to your household (I'll send food, too).

jesQMAl.jpg

- Stuart
Thanks very much my friend . Grand-dogs and Grand-kids are much alike in that , it is great to have them and it is sometimes great , but lonely , when they leave . This big black dog is just a fabulous dog though , as I am sure Loki is too . Bell will be here a couple of more days while her Dad & Mom are here to spend some time in the area with their new Grandson , born yesterday .

Harry

Wallkill River Works
Levines 3 says brand used by New York Knife Co. from 1928-1931. Goins says 1920-1931.

16094280870_cc34b839e8_b.jpg
Wow Gev, that's certainly a lovely old beauty; immensely interesting too!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, JJ, and your post left me green with envy.
Thanks Stuart; probably just a reflection from the covers!:D
OtS4tfe.jpg

b6cFvQg.jpg

y0LW37t.jpg

You can see which one is the "user".
You've certainly outdone any "Doublemint" ad, nicest trapper pair I've seen; love those Win BBs!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The rocks I’ve been using to photograph my knives on are under a couple of inches of snow.View attachment 1230147View attachment 1230146
Great knives and pics, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
I don't suppose I could convince everyone to voluntarily refrain from posting photos showing snow this winter. :(

In honor of all those who served - my father (WWII vet), my brother (US Navy), my brother (US Air Force).
Patriotic teardrop for Veterans Day, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
IIRC, you served in US Army; is there a story behind you and your brothers all going into different branches of the military?

2013 Western Outlaw sporting deep cavernous Stag:thumbsup:
Outstanding Outlaw, Paul! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I apparently never paid much attention to that GEC pattern before, but it's an interesting gunstock variation. Is it still called a gunstock jack when there's a blade at each end?

Many thanks GT, it's not the first time Lucy has been possessed I'm afraid! :eek: ;) :thumbsup:
:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've got a new-to-me Fiddleback Forge Handyman with me today. It's a bit of a chonker with the 1/8" A2 steel, but it is very comfy in hand. I'll have to play with it for a while to see if the thick steel grows on me. Joining it today is my Withrow, Lloyd, and Peanut. My leather belt sheath for my BF301 is so comfy I forgot it was on my hip when I went to take this picture. Have a great day everyone.
Shawn, your knives often surpass mine in quality, and now you're starting to catch me in the quantity you carry!! :rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Gary, your yellow CV Case is a classic!
You’re correct about the stag covers on my Eric’s jack. It came with uneven thickness on the covers so I sanded them down to where I like them and then hit it with some potassium permanganate. Came out pretty decent I’d say.
Thanks for the story behind the "new look" Eric's Jack, Nick. :) Definitely came out more than "pretty decent"! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Will for sure keep an eye on it my friend . The Bulldog Stag Barlow was made in Germany with Sheffield steel . I probably could post it only on days that end with a " G " or a " Y " .

Harry
:thumbsup::D

In all honesty I didn't carry all of these today,but given what to day is seems appropriate to share them
Kutmaster stockman, was once part of a pilot's survival kit,blade etch reads "PROPERTY OF U.S. GOVT. To our veterans of the Air Force, I thank you
US. Army post exchange knife, and a Gen. Patton commemorative. To our Veterans of the Army,I thank you.
U.S.M.C. stamped Camillus tl29, to our Marine Corps veterans, I thank you.
Post war Navy utility I re-covered, to our Navy Veterans I thank you.
Ontario copy of the "demo knife", for lack of knowledge this one I'll use to say, to our U.S. Coast Guard veterans, I thank you.
And to my international friends who have served in any branch of your respective militaries, I thank you also for your service.
Tremendous and thoughtful tribute, David! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Terrific threesome today Gary; very cool sleek SAK Pocket Pal!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
A Trapper and a Toothpick for my two Tuesday totes; a GEC made Schrade "Jumbo" trapper and a Queen made Winchester toothpick.:)
Thanks for the good words, JJ. :)
Quite the slender/stout pair for you! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I'll vote for that svelte and seductive toothpick.

I'm carrying my TC Ancient 2.0 today (my avatar). Here are today's photo and an earlier favorite photo. Charlie's P.S. message on the back label was 'Please use this knife.' I am doing so.
Pleasing photos of your auspicious Ancient, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: (Now I'll have to dig out a Calvin & Hobbes book to page through. ;))

Super cold here today. I really like this knife. Enjoy your day!

View attachment 1230889
I like that knife, too, sir! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I also thought of Astroturf, too; but my wife is the one that picked it. :) Zombie Nick? Never heard of him. That's a great photo of your Chestnut sowbelly stockman; I like your waterside photos. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the photo praise, Dean. :) I look forward to my couple of lakeside weeks each year! You've probably never heard of Zombie Nick because you hang out with classier folks than I do!:rolleyes:

Tuesday calls for 2 TEW's Lambfoots to be carried today . Both of them are older than I am ...
Harry
Harry, you and your two TEWs are all amazingly good-looking and functional for your ages! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's a handy and handsome choice, GT.
All four are worthy carries, GT, but the Case canoe and sowbelly are pretty special in my book.
- Stuart
I appreciate your opinions, Stuart. :) I'm a big fan of the humble Pocket Pal!

Two wooden clad totes for Wednesday; both French and both wearing Juniper.:)
Jumping Juniper, JJ! Is that pair from Jupiter? They're certainly out of THIS world! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: That bolster stamp is fantastic!

Interesting carries, as always, Gary :) :thumbsup:
Morning folks, two from Sheffield today for me today, a Taylor's Eye Witness Lambsfoot and a William Morton Sleeveboard :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack; that's the power of random selection determining what I carry. :rolleyes:
I like your 2-blade TEW lambsfoot, and especially that celluloid sleeveboard! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Uh oh. Red sky morning/ sailor take warning! Note the big bald faced hornet’s nest in the sugar maple just to the right of the sun. Never knew it was there until the leaves dropped. Possibly the nastiest species of pure hate with wings in this area.View attachment 1231332

View attachment 1231328Schrade Walden TL-29, and a Taylor’s Eye Witness Real LambfootView attachment 1231329View attachment 1231330
Impressive pair of knives, Jeff, and interesting photos! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Lovely ligneous Laguiole, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Sure, just ask and I will take new pics :D
The one above is a user and has a damaged sheepsfoot. Here is one in better shape. They both have coined liners, as you know
13934298132_44aa73e224_b.jpg

Sensational knife, Gev, so slim and sinuous! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

Case Bonestag 6.5318 stockman which my Dad bought for me 15 years ago.
Grand and priceless stockman, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Everyone knows that carrying more than 3 knives at a time is a sure sign of a...problem:confused:
I think MENSA considers it a sign of superior intelligence!! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

wonderful woody warnie wednesday with my new John Travers (@trapjohn.1 on instagram) fremont style desert ironwood slippie. great maker and terrific knife!
View attachment 1231637 View attachment 1231638 View attachment 1231639
Holy Moley, that's a striking knife!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I just felt like totin' two today and at least one is wood clad.
- Stuart
Whoa! That curved, jigged bone, stepped bolster, sheep/pen Battle Axe Barlow is a show-stopper, Stuart! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Case Brothers gunboat.
NxzdvNhh.jpg
Grail gunboat! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: Congrats on possessing that stunning knife!

Today with the Portuguese "Martins" -Palaçoulo.;):thumbsup:
Excellent selection, José! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good morning, everyone.
We've got Wooden Wednesday, and Old Friends Friday. Perhaps an Oddball Thursday is called for.
W:eek:W! You nailed it, Rachel! :rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Does Sköll share your passion for fishing, John? :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

... I have been keeping my eye out for a rusty body panel like that to cut a Telecaster pick guard out of. I’ll call it the Rusticaster. Or maybe the Relicaster.
:thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

Wallkill River Works
Levines 3 says brand used by New York Knife Co. from 1928-1931. Goins says 1920-1931.
What a knife! Thanks for the intriguing and informative history lesson, Gev! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

2 folders for me today.
The handle of your Lionsteel looks fabulous with your rocks, Tom! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Is that ram's horn?

Camillus #17 Heavy Jack and a 34OT
Couple of charismatic classics, Steve! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Two Trapper Thursday? Why not?
You can see which one is the "user".

- Stuart
What a terrific twosome of trappers, Stuart! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Compared to the trappers overbuilt like tanks, yours are so satisfyingly slim!

Two Zytel handled Case knives today: The Mako was my companion on the trail this morning; this afternoon is the stockman.
Interesting pair, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Is the stockman a '318? I have a Zytel LT347, but yours has a "California clip" unlike mine.

Cool Toni advertisement, Jack, but I had trouble sleeping because you didn't include the answer to the burning question! :D:rolleyes:
When I was a lad, my mother and her mother would occasionally give each other "permanents" at our house, using Toni products. I'm surprised that I survived the awful smell that permeated the entire house! :eek::thumbsdown:

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Colt stag muskrat:
stag.musk.pile.open.jpg

Lambsfoot of the Week is a rosewood Hartshead lambsfoot Barlow SFO that I call LamBarJack:
hhb.mark.Vopen.limb.jpg

- GT

I think that I may have mentioned iy but I have one just like yours and it was my first GEC knife. I can't put my finger on it but it just speaks to me. One handsome knife and very utilitarian at the same time.

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

5K Qs 5K Qs ~ As usual, I enjoy and appreciate your comments, and I have the same memory of that wretched smell. Grandma had the decency to get her “perms” at her “beauty operator”, but Mom fell for the advertising in McCalls and House and Garden for the do it yerself and stink up the house stuff. And then how about when everybody was packed into the Mercury station wagon, and Mom had to paint her nails?:eek:
Thanks for the memories!

I’m going utilitarian today.
View attachment 1232516

Back