1. Week 51 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C244GP Native Chief
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco C244GP Native Chief G10 + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Dec 21 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 50 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, Cold Steel Stickers & Boker Tree Brand Hat , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Ed Kramp

Ed Kramp Custom Knifemaker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 6, 2019
    @Ed Kramp Barlow liner-lock with Razorbeak

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  2. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Thanks very much my friend . Grand-dogs and Grand-kids are much alike in that , it is great to have them and it is sometimes great , but lonely , when they leave . This big black dog is just a fabulous dog though , as I am sure Loki is too . Bell will be here a couple of more days while her Dad & Mom are here to spend some time in the area with their new Grandson , born yesterday .

Harry

3. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    At work. Not in oil field but in petrochem. Close enough?
    49F0A148-5D82-4E73-B70D-CFE0EEB01CD9.jpeg

WHT, Crazy Canuck, mitch13 and 29 others like this.
  4. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Wow Gev, that's certainly a lovely old beauty; immensely interesting too!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Thanks Stuart; probably just a reflection from the covers!:D
    You've certainly outdone any "Doublemint" ad, nicest trapper pair I've seen; love those Win BBs!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Duckdog and Jack Black like this.
  5. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    For Friday I've got a couple from the 1920-30s era; a black EE Pen and a bone covered Jack, both by Robeson.:)
    [​IMG]

WHT, Crazy Canuck, sunknife and 28 others like this.
  6. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Today with M. May barlow cherry wood lambsfoot.;):thumbsup:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

WHT, Crazy Canuck, mitch13 and 15 others like this.
  7. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Thank you ,JJ !! I still get giddy when I look at it; like when I see pictures of your knives :p:thumbsup::thumbsup:

JJ Cahill likes this.
  8. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Great knives and pics, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
    I don't suppose I could convince everyone to voluntarily refrain from posting photos showing snow this winter. :(

Patriotic teardrop for Veterans Day, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    IIRC, you served in US Army; is there a story behind you and your brothers all going into different branches of the military?

Outstanding Outlaw, Paul! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I apparently never paid much attention to that GEC pattern before, but it's an interesting gunstock variation. Is it still called a gunstock jack when there's a blade at each end?

:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Shawn, your knives often surpass mine in quality, and now you're starting to catch me in the quantity you carry!! :rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the story behind the "new look" Eric's Jack, Nick. :) Definitely came out more than "pretty decent"! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

:thumbsup::D

Tremendous and thoughtful tribute, David! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks for the good words, JJ. :)
    Quite the slender/stout pair for you! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I'll vote for that svelte and seductive toothpick.

Pleasing photos of your auspicious Ancient, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: (Now I'll have to dig out a Calvin & Hobbes book to page through. ;))

I like that knife, too, sir! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the photo praise, Dean. :) I look forward to my couple of lakeside weeks each year! You've probably never heard of Zombie Nick because you hang out with classier folks than I do!:rolleyes:

Harry, you and your two TEWs are all amazingly good-looking and functional for your ages! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I appreciate your opinions, Stuart. :) I'm a big fan of the humble Pocket Pal!

Jumping Juniper, JJ! Is that pair from Jupiter? They're certainly out of THIS world! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: That bolster stamp is fantastic!

Thanks, Jack; that's the power of random selection determining what I carry. :rolleyes:
    I like your 2-blade TEW lambsfoot, and especially that celluloid sleeveboard! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Impressive pair of knives, Jeff, and interesting photos! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Lovely ligneous Laguiole, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Sensational knife, Gev, so slim and sinuous! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

9. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Grand and priceless stockman, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think MENSA considers it a sign of superior intelligence!! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Holy Moley, that's a striking knife!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Whoa! That curved, jigged bone, stepped bolster, sheep/pen Battle Axe Barlow is a show-stopper, Stuart! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Grail gunboat! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: Congrats on possessing that stunning knife!

Excellent selection, José! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

W:eek:W! You nailed it, Rachel! :rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Does Sköll share your passion for fishing, John? :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

What a knife! Thanks for the intriguing and informative history lesson, Gev! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

The handle of your Lionsteel looks fabulous with your rocks, Tom! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Is that ram's horn?

Couple of charismatic classics, Steve! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

What a terrific twosome of trappers, Stuart! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Compared to the trappers overbuilt like tanks, yours are so satisfyingly slim!

Interesting pair, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Is the stockman a '318? I have a Zytel LT347, but yours has a "California clip" unlike mine.

Cool Toni advertisement, Jack, but I had trouble sleeping because you didn't include the answer to the burning question! :D:rolleyes:
    When I was a lad, my mother and her mother would occasionally give each other "permanents" at our house, using Toni products. I'm surprised that I survived the awful smell that permeated the entire house! :eek::thumbsdown:

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Colt stag muskrat:
    stag.musk.pile.open.jpg

Lambsfoot of the Week is a rosewood Hartshead lambsfoot Barlow SFO that I call LamBarJack:
    hhb.mark.Vopen.limb.jpg

- GT

10. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Thank you kindly, Gary !! It was supposed to snow, but alas no snow photographs for you ;):) a euclidean deductive sproof ( joke ):D

My Wyoming friends hate shoveling snow

cigarrodog likes this.
  11. HST

HST Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Land Shark and a Pocket Shark. Good Morning, y’all. Hope all is doing well.

1D01F726-7069-4D89-A468-9639D79C0171.jpeg

12. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Basic Member Basic Member

May 21, 2019
    I think that I may have mentioned iy but I have one just like yours and it was my first GEC knife. I can't put my finger on it but it just speaks to me. One handsome knife and very utilitarian at the same time.

[​IMG]

13. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    "This is a test, this is only a test." Can I carry only this gents? IMG_1620-1024x880.JPG

14. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017

Thanks Gary and nice muskrat !

15. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Thanks Stuart !

16. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Basic Member Basic Member

May 21, 2019
  17. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Been in the woods since last Sunday on a hunting trip, carried this Case 3318 with me. When I got home yesterday I switched to this Case 6332. OH
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

WHT, Crazy Canuck, mitch13 and 21 others like this.
  18. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    He sure does, GT. :cool::thumbsup:

Skoll again today...
    [​IMG]

WHT, Crazy Canuck, sunknife and 17 others like this.
  19. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    @5K Qs ~ As usual, I enjoy and appreciate your comments, and I have the same memory of that wretched smell. Grandma had the decency to get her “perms” at her “beauty operator”, but Mom fell for the advertising in McCalls and House and Garden for the do it yerself and stink up the house stuff. And then how about when everybody was packed into the Mercury station wagon, and Mom had to paint her nails?:eek:
    Thanks for the memories!

I’m going utilitarian today.
    87A1C43F-CBF7-4BC6-B0C8-06B2B8EF2029.jpeg

20. JB in LV

JB in LV Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2016
    Last year’s forum knife all week. I like this knife a lot. I’ll probably switch it up tomorrow. Here’s a pic from when it was new.

98C70DD8-AB8D-4396-90BE-8C20665CEA36.jpeg