What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

7-EDB15-F0-BFE4-48-A0-844-B-764-B5-A4-A244-D.jpg

Jim, that pouch looks well confirmed to the shape of a sleeveboard jack of some kind.

Very attractive pair Dylan :)

Dylan, that sowbelly is a pocketful of sunshine! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thank you, fellas!

Since there are Congress knives on the horizon, I thought I would carry this one today. A lot of redundancy packed into this one but it makes for a great working knife all the same.

CNgL7c7.jpg

THIS is "old school":
r3CYIWm.jpg

Made me think of this. :D

1qYwjQC.gif

Hey, I recognize that light! I had the same one for a long time and it was always getting misplaced. Finally it seemed to have been lost for good (a bit of a contentious issue between the wife and I; I blamed her for losing it, and she blamed me), so for Christmas I bought two of them and wrapped them with her name on it. :D (Of course, having done that, I ended up finding the old one... in the pocket of a pair of my jeans. :confused:)

Saw someone post one of these over in another thread. Inspired me to carry it. Thank you!
NzdraAy.jpg

Might have been me? I carried this one today as part of Jack Black Jack Black 's Random Tuesday Carry. :thumbsup:

CmTJlj4.jpg

I'm always interested in historical parallels between the simply elegant pocketknife and other timely markers. Both this book and the Barlow pattern made quite an impact in their respective worlds; optimal, however not replaceable. :)
Thank you JJ. A fine and thoughtful image.

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Enjoyed reading the 70s era Schrade/Wostenholm story. Wonderful Hartshead.

5K Qs 5K Qs Lovely Laguiole GT.

@Gevonovich - Thank you kindly, Gev.

Morning folks, I took a blind pick in my knife drawers today, and snatched out this late 70's Schrade-Wostenholm Stockman, full story here. Teaming it up with my pocket-hogging Hartshead Barlow :thumbsup:
RFBYG2p.jpg

2P7DVFi.jpg
Very cool tote pair Jack!:cool: That Schrade-IXL collaboration was certainly an interesting one; very nice stockman!
Interesting thought JJ :thumbsup:
Thank you kind Sir!!!
Alox Knife this week is a 1986 Vic Soldier:
soldier-mark-4open-jpg.1265155

non-Alox SAK this week is a Wenger Esquire:
wenger-esquire-b4-jpg.1265156

Bailed non-SAK (well, neither Victorinox nor Wenger) is this "drug store clone":
upsak-mark-closed-jpg.1265157

International Knife this week is a Laguiole my daughter got for me in Spain:
lag18-mark-open-jpg.1265158
Another "Fab Four" Gary; I really like the Laguiole addition!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
That book gave me a flashback to my first job after college.
Love the KK!
Thank you very much Jeff!!! I've been having a few flashbacks myself!:eek:
7481e625-af09-4584-b96d-cc046c5c1410-jpeg.1265241
In honor of Trapper Tuesday, I’m totin this 94OT, along with a recently acquired Schrade-made Craftsman 9554 Split Back Whittler.
0c57c685-8a96-406f-8bb2-c4cee5881aa6-jpeg.1265242
Loving the Schrade made beauties; I always reminisce about what a powerhouse Craftsman once was!:rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you for your kind words Sir !! Thought provoking photo !
You are very welcome and thank you kindly Gev!!!
Thank you JJ. A fine and thoughtful image.
Thank you kindly fine Sir!!!
GEC #15 Navy modded into a Lamb Foot by traumkommode traumkommode
e1e1249d-1f0a-4eb2-9bd6-d25babe69ffa-jpeg.1265670
Always a treat to see your GEC 15 EO Lamb!;):thumbsup::thumbsup: Really liking the look of the blade steel on that beauty!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Enjoyed reading the 70s era Schrade/Wostenholm story. Wonderful Hartshead.

Very cool tote pair Jack!:cool: That Schrade-IXL collaboration was certainly an interesting one; very nice stockman!

Thanks a lot fellers, I enjoyed carrying that Stockman yesterday, I have to say it was head and shoulders above most of the knives that came out of Sheffield during that period :thumbsup:

Back with these two this morning, but I don't downsize when I go out this evening. Have a good day folks :thumbsup:

mJjBFt8.jpg

OSRhC5U.jpg

Stellar Black Box stockman, Will! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Hard to beat that 33/34 frame from Schrade GT. I once owned the Uncle Henry 833 Prairie Jack version - a sweet knife that I gave to an old boss who used to take me bird hunting every season. Thanks for the compliment on my knife - really enjoying the GEC Calf Roper and have wanted a non-celluloid faux tortoise shell knife for a long time. Not the same fishing trip, I was Speck fishing just off the ICW when I took the picture with the GEC 66 and my lures. The “Mug Shot“ picture was taken while Hickory Shad fishing on the Trent River last February or March. OH
Thanks for the 33OT compliment and the additional info about your Calf Roper and mug shot, Bruce. :)

Thanks Gary :) Yes it is, I don't know why as it's one of my favourite patterns :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the tip mate :thumbsup:
With your HHB, you can show your lambsfoot loyalty AND carry a Barlow simultaneously, which ought to make it easier to carry a second Barlow without worrying about too much duplication! :thumbsup:;)

Thank you so much, Gary. Yes, they are very good, they have a problem because as they are friction close, the ones that do not have a lock close very easily.:):thumbsup:
I see what you mean, José. I wonder if you could tighten them up by peening the pivot pin so they don't close quite as easily.

I don't always post the effect that knife has on me, Alan, but every time you post it I have to stop to admire the knife! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

To tell the truth, I did most of my pencil whittling with an x-acto knife. I'm afraid this Jumbo is too big for that kind of detail.
Compared to a Wright's Lambfoot "big-un":
Ee93t9s.jpg

I'd guessed that was probably the situation with the jumbo stockman as a whittler. Whole lot of steel in that pic! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

5K Qs 5K Qs Thank you, GT! You are correct about the second knife; it was made by Larry Withrow. I picked it up here in the Knife Maker's Exchange. It is absolutely fantastic!
Thanks for the ID, Shawn; I'm glad you're enjoying that beauty! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Frosty day here in the Ozarks.View attachment 1263750
Sunday carry.

Couple of handsome Case Barlows, gentlemen! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I have to carry them in separate pockets. ;)

One of my all-time favorite Jacks.
I carried the Middleman Jack and Stockman all through High School (memories).
Perfect size knife to shove in a pocket and very useful blades. Hope you enjoy yours as well. :cool::thumbsup:
Sköll is an unforgettable knife, but he sure requires special treatment! :D
Thanks for your memories of the 33OT. :) I need to get mine into the rotation schedule eventually; until then, maybe some kitchen duty and "free choice" carry to help me learn the knife.

Got bit by this little Congress this morning so I'm carrying it now.:eek:
xl1Toty.jpg

Nice RR congress! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Here are a couple of examples of RR stag bone I have; I think they do it much better now than they used to. I much prefer the covers on the cotton sampler to those of your congress or my canoe - YMMV. ;)
stagbone.mark.open.jpg
scs.mark.closed.sill.jpg

Have a peaceful Sunday, folks!
Brent Cramer LCJ for me today.
SXpdYMq.jpg
What stag, Gary!!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Ok, New Guy. These here are tree rat tracks.View attachment 1263784It’s important to teach outdoor lore to the next generation!
:D:thumbsup:

While the Case Chestnut Bone Medium Stockman which I carried yesterday is sitting in front of my on my desk, I have this old favorite in my pocket right now:

Case 6347 Stockman in Amber Bone SS:

Wj6NQk3.jpg
Notable '47 stockman, John! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I once bought a Case canoe from a Forum member who basically "made" me buy a sawcut 6347 as part of the deal. I had some reservations when he proposed that, but I really wanted the canoe, and I'm NOW very happy I have the stockman, too!

Thank you, my friend. As long as we don't get down to -40 where C & F meet :)
That's very cold, but temperature is simpler there! :p

A Case Humpback Stockman in Tru-Sharp with ebony covers.
Bw7JvtD.jpg
Splendid knife, Frank! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. Your Hen and Rooster mini canoe is sweet.:thumbsup: I’m crazy about your Salamandra.
Thanks for expressing your opinions, Harvey, with which I happen to totally agree. :)

A nice walk earlier this weekend.
495F0959-E604-4236-888B-5831577FF21A_zps13aeyobu.jpeg

With my Sheffield AC Lamb.
View attachment 1264418

After a forced midnight march in the rain. Ari’s a trooper.
View attachment 1264417
Impressive photos, Harvey; Ari's Coat and Ashley's Choice are both fine ACs! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Had to rush up to Ojai, CA to help out my mom who broke her arm. Guess it's about time for her to hang up the tennis racket at 86... :)
Perusing my late father's library and his office looking for interesting reading. I have found myself doing more "head scratching" so I pulled out my emergency Victorinox Tinker tote! Maybe Gary ( 5K Qs 5K Qs ) would have better luck as I believe this is in his "language set.";) Time to make a "tote run" back to my place and grab more necessities! :eek:
I hope your mom is doing as well as can be expected, JJ.
Those journals definitely look familiar, but I know nothing about Schur-convexity and its applications! ;):eek: I'm no longer a member of the Mathematical Association of America (MAA), but for years I received one of their journals. I started out getting the Math Monthly, but eventually switched to the College Math Journal (or sometimes, Mathematics Magazine) because it had more articles I could actually understand!

Aitor and Case
FwTFJ9s.jpg
You have a variety of superb sodbuster models! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Today with A. Wright Lambsfoot, left hand and work back.;):thumbsup:

Fancy lambsfoot, José! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope Monday is not too unkind to you :thumbsup:

jwdp1oL.jpg

uARQj41.jpg
Delightful Monday duo, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

So dignified!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

View attachment 1264532 Well broken in Case pair today: 6275 five dot Moose, and an eight dot 6308 Split Back Whittler.
Couple of Case champs, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

With your HHB, you can show your lambsfoot loyalty AND carry a Barlow simultaneously, which ought to make it easier to carry a second Barlow without worrying about too much duplication! :thumbsup:;)

Delightful Monday duo, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Very true my friend! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks Gary :) :thumbsup:

Back